• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Back to corns...Hypo Lav clutch on the ground

carol

Down with the sickness
20 eggs were layed on 4/20 from my Hypo Lav X Double het Hypo Lav pairing. (Cecil X Double Het) They often produce heavily Azteced babies in thier clutches of Hypo Lavs, Lavs het Hypo, Hypos het Lav, and Double hets. Here are some offpsring from last year.

Attachments

• femalelavs.JPG
    femalelavs.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 372
  • HypoLavF.JPG
    HypoLavF.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 366
  • AztecLavhetHypoF.JPG
    AztecLavhetHypoF.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 370
  • aztechypolavfemale.JPG
    aztechypolavfemale.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 373
  • hypohetlavfemale.JPG
    hypohetlavfemale.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 371
Carol,
I have one 11 egg clutch from a first time female normal DH hypo Lav crossed with the Hypo Lav I got from you and another on the way. Both females are Aztecy..... :eek1:....is that a word?

I'm glad he's doing the job for ya! I guess he is like his father in more ways than one! :cheers:

This is my third year breeding this pair, so hopefully I have enough keepers from them. There is a chance that one or two will catch my eye. But I am going to try not to keep any. I already held back a pair of 100% Azteced Lavs from last year.

Clint... keep me posted on what you get, it would be great to get some more Aztec animals for this project that have been "outcrossed" a bit.

Please email me when those eggs hatch! I am very excited about aztec lavs! Beautiful babies Carol, just stunning!

Clint, I would also like to know how that breeding goes so I could throw in some different blood into my lavs as well w/o losing the aztec pattern that Carol's will give me.

Of the two hets I bred, this is the only one to produce a good clutch.
crimhlav

Sure Erin, I'll put you on the list! That a gogeous female Clint, her color really blossomed didn't it?

wow clint she is VERY bright! Carol that 1.1 pair I got from you are doing absolutley AWESOME! The male is lightening up and just going peach galore qith his colors! I love them to death. I'll get you some pics as soon as I can. :)

How's the progress on this clutch Carol? Still hoping for a nice aztec/zig zag male. LOL Hypo or het hypo, but the gorgeous patterns yours produce are a must have!

The clutch still looks great! I just had a clutch that was layed on 4/3 finish hatching. This Hypo Lav clutch was layed on 4/20 so they will probably start showing themselves in a little over two weeks. Mom has already refused food and is going into shed for her second clutch so they can't be too far off. :)

Hey Carol,
You should have Lav Aztecs het for Hypo as well as Hypo Lav Aztecs right? If you run out of Hypo Lav Aztecs in this first clutch, I would be willing to wait till the second clutch hatches to get a pair of those beauties!

This is from a Hypo Lav X Double het pairing that have consistanly thown clutches where about 50% of the hatchlings are Azteced. I have 20 in the first clutch and expect about the same for the second.
I should get an even mix of
Hypo Lavs
Lavs het Hypo
Hypos het Lav
and.. Normals het Hypo and Lav
Whoever decides to come out "Azteced" is completely up to them! If I don't hatch what you are looking for, you are more than welcome to wait for the next clutch. You should have a good chance though, you are 3rd on the list, Jen is 2nd, and the first person on the list is after Hypo Aztecs.

YAY!!

Thanks Carol! :wavey:

(Ok, I am almost giddy over this...no wonder the people I work with think I'm nuts!)

If you know a good Aztec dance... start doing it.

Of course the first ones out of the egg are Normals and Hypos. :rolleyes: But I got at least one order for an Aztec Hypo filled. What do you think Warren? ;)

Attachments

• HypoLavpip1.JPG
    HypoLavpip1.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 81
  • HypoLavpip2.JPG
    HypoLavpip2.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 80
  • HypoLavpip3.JPG
    HypoLavpip3.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 80
  • mixedpippies.JPG
    mixedpippies.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Mixedhatchlings.JPG
    Mixedhatchlings.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 79
Nice Aztec :) Warren is getting a most excellent addition it would seem, ans sure hope to see some pics of that one as it colors up :wavey:

This is my first pip of the season. It's from the Aztec female in this post. Crappy pic, I know! :puke01:
Looks like a real nice light hypo.
2005hypolav

Back