• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cross Country Move/Advice?

AngelaM

We're moving across country in mid-October. We have two yearling's and I'm wondering whether we should take them with us or not. I'd prefer to take them but only if it's safe. I really don't have anyone to ship them to in advance. We're driving the moving truck ourself and towing the car behind it. Is it safe to move with them and does anyone have any advice? I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Re:

I don't see any reason you couldn't take them with you. My snakes have ridden quite well when we moved from Montana to Indiana, a 1600 mile trip.

Just keep them in smaller containers, like critter keepers with secure lids. Make sure to keep them away from temperature extremes, such as near an AC vent in the vehicle or direct sunlight, which can be deadly.

When you stop at night and stay in a hotel, bring them in with you and offer them water.

If you stop and eat somewhere, I'd try and bring them inside the restaurant if possible. Preferably out of sight, in a backpack perhaps? Thats what I did. Put the Glad-ware bowls in my backpack, and no one knew any wiser. Keeps from scaring the non-reptile oriented folk. ;)

Other than that, I don't see any reason not to bring them with you. They're a heck of a lot easier to transport than a dog or a cat. =P

Out of curiosity, where ya moving to?

this is off subject, but..

Taceas, just out of curiosity- where did you live in MT? (sorry to be off subject) i didn't know anyone up there kept snakes besided dead rattler skins :D (my fam is from there)

PS- I agree with the moving advice- safer than shipping if you don't know when you'll be there and don't have anyone there to receive them...

Re:

I lived in Missoula for a spell while my fiancee was attending U of M. He's originally from Bozeman though.

We just got married up there last month over by Wilsall. =D

Back