• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Post brumation feeding

67temp

When a female that is planned to be bred is brought out of brumation what is the best thing to feed them? I assume they need several small meals such as hoppers to prep their stomachs for eating larger meals. Once they are on larger meals should I use their normal size mouse, weaned rat or rat pup (for the extra fat), or ASF ( for the extra protein)? I have all of the above listed feeders.

I don't brumate anymore but when I did the first meal was a weanling dusted with probiotics. The second meal was the same, and then back to a normal sized mouse after that.

Originally I wasn't planning on brumating either but the way our local show schedule falls I needed them to cycle at a slightly different time.

The probiotic is a good idea. Thanks!

Back