CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Need help ID-ing an orange and whiteish corn

Old 10-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #11
ShenziSixaxis
I'll try to get a picture, but as I don't own her, the store may not want to allow me to.

Since we're not gonna be doing anything tomorrow, I'll see if we can go and do that. I also need to find some heavy bowls for the BPs; they keep knocking them over! D:

Old 10-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
dionythicus
Let the store know you want to use the pic to help identify the type of cornsnake so they will have that info to pass on to the buyer. They might not mind.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #13
ZoologyGirl
Bah, I take pictures all the time in petco/petsmart. (well not all the time). Just use a simple, small, point and shoot. Or even a camera phone if you have a good enough one. Either they won't say anything, or they'll ask why you are taking pictures in which case you tell them why.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #14
ShenziSixaxis
Thanks for that help. I'm thinking, after I deal with just having gotten out of bed, that I'll maybe buy her. I can't stop thinking about her. xD

However, the little point and shoot I have takes bad pictures, and never gets the colors right (nor could I ever fix them). :/

Like I said, I think I'll just buy her... I can always take her back if need be. This PetCo is a good one. I took my first baby leopard gecko back after 30 days (back when they did 15 days) because it died during shed, and there was someone returning a ball python without a receipt that day too.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #15
carnivorouszoo
Sounds like some kind of hypo maybe? If it were me and I had the money and what not I would go back and get her :P

Old 10-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #16
Susan
At this point, I would question if it's even a corn snake.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #17
ShenziSixaxis
I was when I looked at a few creamsicles... oof. I'm going to print some pictures or put them on my camera or something and look at them when I get a chance to check the snake out again if it hasn't been sold.

Right now my mom's going on a rage, so I have no freaking idea when that's gonna be... D<

Old 10-10-2010, 10:35 PM   #18
WingedSweetheart
I thought there were pure corn creamsicles. They aren't the hybrid but have the same color.

Anyway until I see a picture I think it may be an ultramel. Just because you haven't seen any pictures that look like this snake doesn't really mean it's not. There are a lot of variation in individual snakes of certain morphs. What makes me say ultramel is the eye color. If it wasn't for that I would have just said amel.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #19
ShenziSixaxis
Perhaps. I don't know much about ultramel (and what I looked up didn't help) and what it does.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #20
WingedSweetheart
It's a combo of Ultra (hypo type D) and Amel. From what I understand combining Ultra and Amel makes a snake that looks somewhat in between the two morphs. From the Ultramel snakes that I have seen they are mostly bright orange and/or red snakes. Some have more white than others. Since they have hypo they have little to no black on them. Though I have seen a few that have been bred to have black borders. But I don't know if you could really still call them Ultramels?

Anyway all in all I think because they look something in between an Ultra and an Amel that leaves a bit of wiggle room for how individual snakes look. And unlike an Amel they usually have a reddish or orange iris and black (some times with a red tint) pupils.

I don't breed (yet) but I have been doing a lot of reading and this is what I gleaned from what I've read. Maybe a breeder of these snakes could shed better light or correct if I've gotten it wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google