CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Sold as just a snow....

Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
germantank22
Sold as just a snow....

Hi everyone,

So I was hoping you guys could perhaps throw in your two cents on what the genetics may be behind this male.

He was sold to me as just a CB '08 Snow. I am now assuming that he is motley because he has absolutely no chequers (pics to come in a few days). Perhaps he is cubed?

My other concern is that even after 2 years he is so pink. Do snows tend to get more yellow as the age? Or is there perhaps something else going on?

Thanks!

Jim

Old 10-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
vetusvates
Some snows have/are more pink than others. Most snows have/develop yellow on the lower lateral sides of their neck.
More pics and better lighting would help.
I am sure you know that on a snow, belly checks will present as clear and translucent, combined with the remaining opaque white-colored ventral scales.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
Nanci
I've really never seen anything like that!! He's very interesting, and pretty, whatever he is! He looks like he has a very sharp demarcation between his ventral scales and his side scales, like you'd see in a motley or stripe. Hmmm. The yellow is just so dark and vivid.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
CULEBRA85
he almost looks like a bubblegum snow to me!!! either way very good looking!!

Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
germantank22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
Some snows have/are more pink than others. Most snows have/develop yellow on the lower lateral sides of their neck.
More pics and better lighting would help.
I am sure you know that on a snow, belly checks will present as clear and translucent, combined with the remaining opaque white-colored ventral scales.
Right, I understand, and I have looked at other snows and have seen the chequered remnants, I guess you could call them. This guy has an absolutely clean/white belly. I'll get some pics up in a couple of days, as he just ate today.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
dng123
That snake looks like a champagne to me. The champagnes are striped/cubed snows with an unknown gene that pinks them out. Here are a couple of mine. Pasco Paul started this line.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:39 PM   #7
germantank22
[quote=dng123;1208538]That snake looks like a champagne to me. The champagnes are striped/cubed snows with an unknown gene that pinks them out. Here are a couple of mine. Pasco Paul started this line.

Interesting. I didn't post this, but I actually purchased him from Pasco Paul back in the beginning of september. Paul sold him to me as just a snow, but I truly think there is something else going on-perhaps the whole champagne thing.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
dng123
He also has some snows that have the same pattern as the champagnes, but they aren't as pink. They come from the same line so he sells them as snows het champagne or confetti depending on the pairing they came from. You probably bought one of his snow het champagne corns. I have one of those as well, they are still cool looking corns!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
dng123
have you looked at his website?

Old 10-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #10
Nanci
Good eye- dng!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google