CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

I need some help from the artists here..

Old 06-24-2002, 11:30 PM   #11
CornsnakeKeeper
Yippee...I can finally go see the pricelist....

Congratulations Ares! Hope maybe you get a few nice snakes? Some of you sure are talented with these programs...

Hope you get caught up on everything Rich..

Old 06-26-2002, 12:03 AM   #12
Bippy
Feedback on new pricelist look...

Sorry Rich, but I have to say the pricelist is VERY hard to look at now... the blue makes my eyes water after a few moments... and the neony links are very hard to read. Maybe I'm the only one, but I liked the old look better. I could look at the old pricelist without my eyes starting to water.

Old 06-26-2002, 12:16 AM   #13
Ares
Ya me too!

But for me its not the colour that makes it hard to look at,
its the fact that my wallet is empty!!

And also the fact that I dont live in the states!

Old 06-26-2002, 02:12 AM   #14
Rich Z
I didn't really want to change my color scheme, but I did change the font to one that is a bit more solid looking. The font seems readable in the cultivar pages, so I am trying that on for size. I have a 21 inch monitor, so things may look differently on a smaller screen.

Does that help any?

BTW, I've been toying around with putting a forum section in here strictly for concerns dealing with SerpenCo. Since I discontinued my own forum on my SerpenCo site, maybe I can put one in here. Or would that seem too much like a plug for my own company? I've had a bunch of PMs as well as threads started by people whom had questions for me directly, so maybe that would be more appropriate for such a discussion.

If you all can wrangle Don and Kathy (and others) into coming here and they would be interested in their own forums, I would be glad to set those up as well.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-26-2002, 02:15 AM   #15
SilverTongue
Well #1 you own a buisiness ands frokm what I hear..a pretty good one.

#2 you are paying for this forum

#3 Plug away!! (just try to answer some of the questionsd ya get)

Old 06-26-2002, 04:08 AM   #16
pewter
Re: Feedback on new pricelist look...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bippy
Sorry Rich, but I have to say the pricelist is VERY hard to look at now... the blue makes my eyes water after a few moments... and the neony links are very hard to read. Maybe I'm the only one, but I liked the old look better. I could look at the old pricelist without my eyes starting to water.
oh yes, after leaving the site and looking at a white site my eyes started hurting!!! I thought it might be the reason that I was sitting in the dark???
I donīt think this will be a problem if you are using light in your room :-)

Oh and Rich...if you find the time - please ad some pewter picīs to your pricelist. I just saw 2 pewters from you. both hatchlings and now I would like to know if your adulds look different from other pewters I saw. I think most of them we see are from kathy and I think you made your own so who knows how they look???

Old 06-26-2002, 11:09 AM   #17
Bippy
Better...

Well, the larger font helps, although the colors still bother me, atleast I can read it now... I have a 17" monitor, just FYI.

As for doing a SerpenCo questions forum, go ahead. It's your site.

Old 06-26-2002, 11:32 AM   #18
Alicia
Thumbs up Serpenco Forum

I think that is a great idea.

Alicia

Old 06-26-2002, 01:26 PM   #19
Rich Z
I guess it goes back to the old days when I used to use WordPerfect all of the time. The default color scheme was white lettering on a blue background and I always felt it was soothing to my eyes. I guess everyone's eyes are going to respond differently to colors. Some people don't like stark black on white pages either because the contrast is too great. I guess if I wanted to get fancy I would try to work up a user selectable color scheme. Maybe I'll have that kind of time in my next life....

If I get a LOT of comments about the color scheme not working for most people viewing it, then I'll change it. But I doubt I could find ONE that will be pleasing to everyone. I try to use what pleases ME first, then go from there as needs dictate.

Even though, yes, this is my site, I try not to flaunt it and be overbrearing with what I do with it. Just because something might sound reasonable to me, I'm willing to believe that might not be the case with everyone. I needed to get rid of that message board I had on my SerpenCo site because a certain someone was beginning to post inappropriate messages there and it was a real bear deleting them. I had to copy the entire file down from my server, edit the file, then copy it back up to the server. This format is MUCH easier to maintain. But I have to pay for each license for this message board, and can't see the reason to pay for another one when in many instances it will be a subset of what is posted here. It would be much more logical to just insert my own forum. At least I think so.

You all do realize, I think, that I put up this message board to try to take the pressure off of me from all of the questions I get via email. I just can't possibly keep up with the volume I get every day and get anything else done. So I hoped that having this outlet where other people can pitch in to help answer questions that I can't get to will help out everyone. Again, that's another supposedly *reasonable* assumption on my part. Heck, I have a FAQ page I started over a year ago and have never had time to complete.

Old 06-26-2002, 02:16 PM   #20
Hurley
Site colors

Quote:
Rich, your site is yours to do with as you want, so go with whatever makes you happy!

That being said, I agree, the blue is painful to look at. It's just SOOOO blue. The yellow especially kills my retinas against the blue background. I think I just get retinal overload; I tend to be ultrasensitive to that stuff. I do think it's more difficult to look at than, say, white on this site's background color.

That's just my eyes talking, you go with what makes you happy. Awesome site...and I really like the new font on the buttons. They are easier to read with the black shadowing behind them than the plain white font on the available page.

j.m.-ever-so-h.o.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google