• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Phoenix the Okeetee

Fletcher

After months of preparation, at long last: I brought home a corn snake!

I don't have any good pictures of him yet, but I will post some once I do; for now, though, the breeder (Snakess n Lizzards) has a picture of him here. He's been active and curious since I brought him back - he settled down for a little while behind his fake vine, but has since come out again to explore his new home. He hasn't figured out the hides yet, but he seems happy with the vine and did find the water and took a nice drink, which was good. I'm super excited to get to raise this little guy!

Okeetees are definitely one of the most interesting morphs to watch as they mature. I love seeing their colors come in.

Congrats on your new baby!

tumblr_odo2fuVt351r1ins0o1_500.jpg

Phoenix took a break from finding an escape route and I got a better picture of him! Still with my phone so not the best, but at least you can see his face. He's more red than either of the pictures let on, too.

Someone else who got an Okeetee as their first! Congrats on getting your snake. ^-^

Cute little guy! It'll be fun seeing his colors come on as he gets older. As much as I loved getting a yearling when I got mine, I do kinda wish I'd have gotten to see her colors change. Okeetee's are great though! You picked a cool name for him too.

Took a nicer picture of my little guy today. He's now gone through both his first shed and his first successful feeding with me!

tumblr_oeyi77FTil1r1ins0o1_540.jpg

I really need to have a better camera on hand than my crappy old phone, but for now...a couple of feeding pics!

This one is blurry but I like the 'evil laughter' look to it.

tumblr_inline_og3fhtZQ1K1qmsp7v_540.jpg

And a nicer one, with more of a look that he's in the middle of telling a good joke.

tumblr_inline_og3fi5jQOr1qmsp7v_540.jpg

Bahahaha!!! Love the 'evil laughter' picture. Too funny - I could almost hear it. Thanks for the share. He a handsome little snakey.

I was going to hold back on posting pictures until after Phoenix shed but I checked on him today and he is so very blue I had to get a picture...

tumblr_ogi1ahutwt1r1ins0o1_500.jpg

No picture today, but this feels like a big enough milestone to note it here...for the first time, Phoenix let me pick him up without being afraid/trying to get away, and after a nice handling session he rested his head on his toilet paper roll and watched me as I changed his water and did a bit of spot cleaning. He usually hides/freezes when I open the lid, much less when I'm actually actively moving things around in his viv, but he just sat and followed my hand around with his head. I'm not sure what changed but it was quite sweet and I hope it heralds good things to come!

tumblr_ojsw7b7b0L1r1ins0o1_500.jpg

I got to watch Phoenix shed for the first time! This is only his third shed with me, and he spent most of it under his plant so I wasn't able to get a good look at him, but I was able to snap this picture when he moved over closer to the glass. I've seen videos of people's snakes shedding before but it's something special when it's your own snake!

It's been a while since I posted any pictures, so here's a couple.

tumblr_or3nb7vDcJ1r1ins0o1_540.jpg

tumblr_or3nb7vDcJ1r1ins0o2_540.jpg

He's still little, but he's a lot bigger than he was when I first brought him home! His first birthday is at the end of June.

He's really looking good! He also looks very comfortable sitting on your hand. Thanks for the great pictures.

It's been a really long time since I posted on here! I just upgraded Phoenix to a 40 gallon viv and I was planning on taking pictures of him then, but of course he's blue so I didn't want to bug him with a photoshoot.

Here's a picture of the new viv:

tumblr_pnegrba9We1r1ins0o1_540.jpg

You can see him on the right there where he's inspecting one of his new hides. I underestimated the amount of space I'd have to fill, so there's probably going to be some rearrangement/additions, and I'm planning on swapping the little plasticky hammock out for a bigger cloth one soon.

And here's a picture of him from last month:

tumblr_pnegxeqdQ61r1ins0o1_540.jpg

Back