CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hi all - first time snake owner!!

Old 11-27-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
moulty423
Hi all - first time snake owner!!

Hi Everybody,

Just got my first snake, a beautiful young corn snake I've named Zaba due to the frog shaped spot on her back (Zaba is Slavic for frog). I purchased her last Saturday 11/18 from a local PetCo as I couldn't find any reputable dealers in my area and was pleasantly surprised with the health and handling of the snakes at this particular PetCo. The employee I spoke with was also very educated and experienced with snakes and put me at ease, especially when compared with other local pet stores.

She has already shed once and eaten twice (f/t pinkys every 5-6 days to start out). The shed was very healthy and she has been very quick to eat - the second time taking about 10 seconds before she struck.

I'm trying to identify the exact morph. I believe she is an Alabama or an Anery but I am not sure. Could you guys help me out? Photos attached.

I also don't know the sex yet but I've settled on female until I find out.

This group seems great; active, educated, and very helpful - I'm glad to be here. Thanks for the help!

-Matt

Old 11-27-2017, 05:02 PM   #2
DLena
Welcome to the forum! I am just awful with morphs/babies. I think yours might be an Alabama locality because of the wide black lines around the saddles. Whatever she is, she is very pretty - such a lovely head stamp!!

Old 11-27-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
Twolunger
Welcome to the forum. That first picture is so nice I would have it enlarged and framed. I'm sure someone will be able to give you and idea of the morph, or an educated guess.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:06 AM   #4
MysticExotics
Welcome to the forum!
Beautiful baby!
Unless your snake came from WC parents or WC lineage, it's not an Alabama. There are not many Alabama locality snakes out there, and it hasn't become a "phase" morph like Miami.

Your snake is not an Anery either.

Your snake is a very pretty "normal" with very nice borders.

Your snake looks to make an outstanding adult when grown up. I love the thick borders!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google