CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Progression Thread: Nyx

Old 12-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #1
alinech20
Progression Thread: Nyx

Hey guys, here I will constantly post photos of my little Nyx. You can see older photos of her in my first post, so that I won't post them multiple times, right here:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145544

I took the pics below on 5th of Dec, the day she turned 5 months. Also her last shed was that morning, so those are her new clothes. As you can see, Nyx lost her tail tip, but she feels great and doesn't have a problem with that!

Old 12-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #2
Shiari
She's lovely.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
April0684
Aww, love her coloring!

Old 12-12-2017, 06:30 AM   #4
alinech20
I'm sorry the following two pics are a bit blurry, but she doesn't leave her hides too often, as she's still getting used to the viv. I hope this week I'll have some time to buy a couple of fake plants, maybe she'll be more comfortable.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:50 AM   #5
alinech20
Boo!

Name:  IMG_20171214_210800.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  68.2 KB

Today is feeding day, maybe I'll be able to get a few nice pictures.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:38 AM   #6
alinech20
Hey guys, I'm sorry I didn't post more pics as I promised, but I've been a bit down lately. At first, I thought to myself I'll post the pics after the holidays, but last week I saw that Nyx has another problem with her tail and I feel like sh!t because of that. She already lost about 3-4mm of her tail because the breeder didn't help her shed her tail tip and I didn't know about this common issue and now, I saw that her tail tip turned black (about 3mm) and there is another area, right after the black one, where the skin looks a bit sore. I kept a close eye on her and the dead tissue did not expand and I really hope she'll be ok after her next shed.

After the first time she lost her tail tip, I really thought that her next sheds were okay. At her second shed after that there was a bit stuck on her tail tip and I helped her shed it, but it seems there was some more left that I was not able to see.

I really hope that is the problem and that there's not anything worse. Since I saw the problem I gave her a 10-15 minutes bath every two days and now, she's blue again (I actually think that her eyes cleared up today, I'll check on her after I get home from work) and I'll give her daily short baths until she sheds.

Is there a chance that when she lost the tail tip the first time she got infected or something? I mean I spot clean every time I see anything dirty in her viv and there was no sign of an infection. She even had a perfect shed after her tail loss and everything looked fine (as you can see in the pics in this thread).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google