CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

Old 09-30-2017, 01:51 PM   #381
Tavia
Don't get me wrong, I love the corns but AHS hatchlings are by far my favorite to handle baby snakes of any of the colubrids we breed. There have been a few here and there that won't settle in the hand but the bulk of them grip tightly and are content to do the finger weave for a long time straight out of the egg. Even when startled, they grip the hand with their back half and "jump" away from whatever scared them, without attempting to go flying out of your hands.
They are freaking fast placed on the ground though. Don't like to be in the open when not in a hand.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #382
DollysMom
What Tavia said.

I love when he holds on with his back end, stretches out, and kisses my nose with his tongue. He does this when I move my hand near my face, so when we have visitors, we perform our trick and they instantly love him.

He's always been a sweetie in the hand at home. He was more squirmy at ReptileFest and I could only hold him out for 5 to 10 minutes before I could see him stressing. So I put him back in his hide in his tank and had the kids play "find the house snake."

I hope this is a better answer, but if not, please try again. We'll get there!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google