CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > FAQ Development Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

FAQ Development Forum This area is reserved for the development and discussion of various FAQ documents for posting on this site. PLEASE! Only the moderator should post original threads here.

Health Issues/Feeding Problems FAQ

Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #11
Jimmysan00
I have a question which probably doesn't fall under a FAQ, but let's say your temps are all right, and your snake does eat F/T, but for whatever reason it doesn't wanna eat and you leave the F/T mouse in the feeder tank for a couple of hours. And you decide to try feeding later or another day. Is THE f/t still "good" do f/t mice spoil like milk? Or can you just put it back into the freezer and thaw it out another time?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:41 PM   #12
tazfrk5779
hello
i got 2 corn snakes and i was woundering how often and how many pinkies i can feed them

Old 09-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #13
tazfrk5779
u can refreeze them but i was told not to leave them out to long after they unthaw

Old 09-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #14
Jimmysan00
search for Munson Plan

Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #15
BorderSnake
How about a FAQ regarding feeding during shed/blue? I know there is a fair bit of debate about that, but that makes it all the more needful for a single place to find information!

Thanks

Old 02-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #16
Nanci
I don't think you're going to find a consensus on that. And, I just had ANOTHER snake regurge last night. He was blue when I fed him, I couldn't tell, he had pooped in the interval between feedings. He'd been on the same prey size for quite a few feedings- nothing had changed other than he was quite obviously deep blue when he regurged four days later. Why????? This is why I'll skip feeding babies if it's been a month since they've shed, even if they don't look blue, unless they are very obviously actively pacing the front of their bins on feeding day.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #17
BorderSnake
Well, you don't need consensus to provide an answer to a FAQ. Just both sides main points presented in one place, with the links to the pertinent discussions.

It can be a time sensitive issue, and it seems to come up a lot for new snake owners. Just a suggestion -things I had hoped would be on the care sheet/FAQ area, and weren't. This is a GREAT group of forums for getting answers, of course!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #18
bfreewally1
My wild caught female has never turn down a meal.. I caught her when she was just 12 inches. I`ve had her for almost 3 yr. She is now almost 5 ft.Fat and lazy as are all snakes. The male I had for 4 yrs. stopped eating so he is now free to live his life in the wild.. Good luck.. I would never let a snake starve on my watch.. I live in s. fl. so I hope he does o.k.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #19
kandkdavies
its been ages since ive been here my snow is now 11 months old, but i have a question. last 2 small mice hes had he has regurgitated them half digested 5 days later. anyone have any ideas why? not moved him, still being handled on a weekley bases. my amel is a fat lazzy loving 10 month old. loves people and hoodies.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #20
Holly12
This is a great care sheet with good advise when it comes to your corn snakes needs thanks for posting this it was very helpful to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google