CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

New pick up from petco, any idea what it is?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #11
ds1021
Ive had anerys in the past and this is very different then what i am used to. His red around his pupils and the dark red saddles just dont really look like a anery. Ive had many morphs of corn snakes years ago but this "normal" just looks like a caramel or a miami but caramels seem to have more dark brown then red saddles. My good friend picked up a miami at the same petco 4 years ago and he also got a lavender there. Ill post some new pictures when i get home. Thanks for the input everyone!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #12
ds1021
Ok here is 2 more pictures. The first picture you can see there is no yellow like the previous pictures. In this lighting the saddles look almost black. In the second picture in the tank the red lamp kind of distorts the picture but you can kind of see the dark red saddles in that picture. Its like the red is breaking through the black but you can only see it at different angles and light in person. I dont know why but i just feel like it looks like a miami phase lol. Can anerys have red eyes with black pupils like a normal?

Old 12-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #13
yojoe05
Yeah the new pic I can definitely see it's not an anery. Unfortunately it's really hard to see that chocolately brown color still I can just barely see the breakage of it between the black. It looks like it may be a miami, I definitely dont' think it's a caramel.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
ceduke
Looks like a normal, especially in the second set of pics.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #15
starsevol
If it is from Petco, chances are it is a normal, hypo, snow, amel or anery, possibly motley, rarely striped. That is pretty much all they sell.
Yours appears to be a nice normal.
IMO a good normal is as beautiful as just about any other morph, to me.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #16
WingedSweetheart
Looks like a normal aka classic to me. The only way I would say Miami phase is if a year later it still had a white background color. Hatchlings color up a lot in just a year. They never look the same as when they were babies.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
corn snake breeder
I would side with normal.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #18
the_edsta
The fun thing will be watching it grow... 'normals' have such a range. Could end up being that deep burnt sienna color (almost mahogany, not unlike a caramel or kastanie), or because it is dark, it could end up with strong saddles (okeetee-ish). Because of the range of possibilities, classics are still my fav!

Old 12-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Alli_Draggy
She's probably a normal, though she is beautiful.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
Alli_Draggy
That was by Allidraggy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google