CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Your opinion?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
komodo_28
Your opinion?

This is a corn I hatched this year and is my only keeper, I want to see what some other people think. Is she just showing her hets? The mother was just an amel with unknown hets and the father is an amel with something else, either motley or diffused I just haven't proven him yet. This female has really started to get some good colors and has very few belly checkers. I just noticed the "leakage" of color onto her lower belly and the dad was the same way and got it more and more as he got older.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
airenlow
Reminds me of this guy...ph Motley or Stripe.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Christen
Can we see pics of dad?

Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
komodo_28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Can we see pics of dad?
Here is an old thread when I was trying to figure out what he was. Not the best pictures, but I used the last of my cameras battery taking pictures of her tonight.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
komodo_28
It would help if I give the link
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=117519

Old 12-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
Christen
Were all the babies amel? I am thinking with the motley esque pattern and split belly checkers that maybe dad is a fire motley? In some pictures he almost looks hypo bloodish. I am sure in person you could tell better it is amel or hypo. Very neat looking baby, should he fun finish proving him and his dad.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
komodo_28
Yeah all the babies were amel but this was the only one with really reduced belly pattern. I have an amel motley to breed him to to prove motley out and I might be getting a diffused female at a show to see if he is carrying that gene at all.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
Christen
Oh so you did prove him as amel. It will be interesting to see if he is in fact a fire motley. I actually love proving out snakes as frustrating as it can be it is fun getting surprises.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google