CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

I don't understand Tags...please inform

Old 08-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #1
DLena
Question I don't understand Tags...please inform

When I make a post or start a thread, there is a box below the text box that is labeled TAGS.
It says "You may add 5 tag(s) to this thread."
I understand that TAGS are used when a person does a search, to find relevant information.
So I try to put in tags, and I get a msg saying I can't create them, only use the already-established ones.
So, where is the list and how do I do this?

Old 08-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
Nanci
I feel like we got tags taken away because people were doing "funny" things with them and Rich Z didn't like it. Maybe search in About This Site for a post about it?

Old 08-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #4
DLena
Thanks, Nanci. You're very appreciated.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #5
DLena
I just clicked the link... People are real dorks sometimes... Total Romper Room.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #6
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
I just clicked the link... People are real dorks sometimes... Total Romper Room.
It's a damn shame that such a small number of KillJoys can actually ruin things for the rest of us. Especially regarding a function which has the potential to assist in researching something important or useful.

I'd bet that any of the individuals who spend precious time doing things which are contradictory to being helpful to fellow human beings were raised by parents who thought Boys II Men was a daycare center!!

(COME ON folks!! How about the Golden Rule?)

Old 08-13-2016, 01:33 PM   #7
Rich Z
I had a similar problem with tags on FaunaClassifieds, and my solution there was to restrict the use and creation of tags to the original author of a thread. That way if there was abuse, there would be no doubt as to who the perpetrator was and they could be dealt with directly. Which meant an infraction for "Tag Abuse", of course.

I could implement that here if it is actually wanted and members are planning on posting enough (contrary to recent past history) for it to matter any.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #8
Dragonling
I've never had a problem finding what I was looking for in an untagged post using the search function, so I don't really see a need for them. Your solution for Fauna would probably be fine though. I don't feel strongly about it either way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google