CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

New Feature - embedded YouTube videos

Old 03-20-2009, 02:58 AM   #1
Rich Z
New Feature - embedded YouTube videos

A few days ago, a member on one of my other sites passed on a tip to me about how to set up embedded video clips from YouTube in posts.

So I set this up, but figure I should show people how to actually use it.

When creating a new post, whether a reply or the beginning of a new thread, you will see a little graphic at the top of the text entry box that says "YouTube". When you click on that icon, it will display an opening and closing tag that will look similar to this -> {YOUTUBE}{/YOUTUBE}. I've replaced the square brackets "[" and "]" with "{" and "}" so those tags will display here.

Anyway, all you need to do now is to plug in the text from an interesting YouTube video between those two tags. For instance, if the YouTube URL for the video were something like "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leKMmyXgpVQ", you really only need the value of the video to watch, which is after the "v=". In this case, it would be "leKMmyXgpVQ". So in order to embed that particular video within a post here, you would simply click on the YouTube icon, then plug in that value string between the two tags. Looking something like this

{YOUTUBE}leKMmyXgpVQ{/YOUTUBE} *remember that if you type this in manually, you need to use the square brackets rather than the curly brackets shown here.

So here's what we wind up with when doing an embedded video from YouTube...

As for the gun safety handling mishap, please don't try that at home.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google