CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Issues with chat room

Old 11-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #41
DuxorW
I never even noticed there was a chat room and now that I have I'm kinda bummed that it wouldn't work for me on IE, Chrome, or Firefox!

Old 11-18-2014, 01:30 AM   #42
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I have proposed to Rich Z the idea of a chat box at the top of the home page, like some other forums have. I guess it wouldn't be _exactly_ like chat, because it would be quite public, and you couldn't talk about 18+ stuff...I don't know, I think it would be a nice way to have live banter, or for urgent questions to get immediate attention. I think it might help people get to know each other better. Talking about snakes and other interests.
But do enough people want something like this to make it worthwhile implementing it? I don't mind paying for something that people want and will use, but I'm really not all that keen on just throwing my money away if it's not going to be used.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #43
MegF.
Oh hell Rich.....throw money away....we know you're rolling in it! Why be different from the rest of us??? I have horses...throwing away money is second nature for me!

Old 11-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #44
Rich Z
Sorry, but if I am going to be throwing money away, it will be for something that I WANT. Matter of fact I've been looking at a new toy the last couple of weeks.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #45
MegF.
Of course you have.......gun or car???

Old 11-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #46
Rich Z
Nope. Something COMPLETELY off the charts -> http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho....php?p=1671860

Old 11-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #47
MegF.
Oh boy! Fly it over my house and you can see a shotgun in action though I liked your music choice for what it's worth! Quite the video king! I suspect this will keep you busy or a while!

Old 11-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #48
Chip
Not that you were being serious, but pretty sure it's a felony to shoot at a drone just as if it were a manned plane.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:10 PM   #49
VinnyJ
Here's an interesting bit on shooting drones: http://www.today.com/news/feds-crack...ces-1D80069182

Old 11-18-2014, 03:44 PM   #50
Rich Z
Actually the law is pretty unclear about how far above your property your "air rights" extend. But honestly those cameras on these things are very wide angled lenses, so I can't see them being used in much of a spy sort of endeavor. At least not surreptitiously. They are LOUD, so it's not like you could sneak up on anyone. Think of hearing a thousand bees buzzing over your head and you'll get an idea of what they sound like. Even that little Hubsan I have is quite noisy and you can quite easily locate it if you lose sight just by tracking the sound.

Besides that, there is always going to be the issue of destruction of private property that will likely get the police involved in issues of this nature. Surely if someone shot my $1600 copter and camera out of the sky and I knew who it was, there is going to be some bad blood generated. The next quadcopter might be carrying some sort of revenge payload.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google