CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Come back, people!

Old 02-08-2017, 12:35 AM   #1
insomniac101
Come back, people!

Just wanted to vent a little! I've noticed a drastic decline in people posting here. I guess everyone has migrated to Farcebook.

I do have a Farcebook account, but don't like the site, and rarely post. I only joined to keep up with news from my nieces and nephews, and their kids. I liked coming here, back in the days when so many people were actively posting.

Oh well, things do change, but not always for the better.

Kathy

Old 02-08-2017, 06:09 AM   #2
Nanci
I'm still here...

Facebook- I can't even. Posts get buried. There are so many "know it alls" and no one to rein them in. Some "expert" was trying to tell me my peppermint tessera was a snow, and couldn't comprehend that there was no way Carol could have "misidentified" cinder genes.

Whatever. Make Cornsnakes Great Again!!

Old 02-08-2017, 06:46 AM   #3
Glenaerie
Message boards like this are so much better than Facebook for what most of us need it for... thoughtful and friendly discussion, and searchable history, etc. that allows us to be better caretakers of our animals. Facebook is only good for "look at this" posts that will only reach a few people who happen to see it before it scrolls away.

This site was booming for years, followed by a bust during the economic downturn of 2008 when so many of the industry innovators and stalwarts, including Rich Z., our site owner, retired from the profession and stopped actively breeding and participating.

We still have wonderful people here, but it's certainly quiet. I don't think FB is the culprit, since it's basically useless for asking and answering questions, or having a meaningful conversation.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Facebook- I can't even. Posts get buried. There are so many "know it alls" and no one to rein them in. Some "expert" was trying to tell me my peppermint tessera was a snow, and couldn't comprehend that there was no way Carol could have "misidentified" cinder genes.

I audibly sighed at that conversation multiple times. I have some stories I would share about certain vocal people, but I'm not in the market for making enemies just yet.

Anyway, I certainly make my share of foot-in-mouth posts on FB so maybe I'm a little glad they get buried in the rubble.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #5
Jessicat
Kathy,

I haven't been the most active in the past... 6 or 7 years, so I can't really talk, but I get you! It used to be a morning ritual to sit at my computer with a nice cup of coffee and brows the forums. I loved Saturday because I could read for HOURS!

Loved the community here! It's hard for me to completely switch to FB as well. Also it's very nice to see people here from long ago even though I'm guilty of ghosting myself.

Anyway just wanted to say hi!

Old 02-08-2017, 12:51 PM   #6
Rich Z
Well the fate of this site is in your hands. Literally....

Old 02-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #7
Dragonling
I've been trying to encouraging folks to use this forum over FB. I keep forgetting you have to be logged in to see most posts though, so I'll link a post and no one sees it because they can't be bothered to make an account. I've thought about cross posting some of my stuff to other forums but most are so ridiculously dead or poorly organized it's like why bother? I'm extremely pissed that the "other" forum even existed considering everything that was posted there that WASN'T posted here is now gone forever. Ugh!

Old 02-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #8
snakewispera snr
It's like it across the board, I'm afraid.
I've been doing a tour of lots of sites I've used. Most if not all seem to be in decline.
And some no longer exist.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #9
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
I keep forgetting you have to be logged in to see most posts though....
Hmm, I forgot about that myself. I sometimes will shut down viewing of thread content on my forum sites in an effort to shake loose Chinese web spiders that seem to latch on and never let go unless you shake them off. And I just forgot to change that back here.

In any event, it has not been changed back, so non-registered viewers can now view the content of threads. Other functions (such as viewing images and searching) are still disabled, since that imposes an unnecessary burden on the server that I feel I can do without.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:09 AM   #10
Twolunger
I have to admit my reason for joining the forum was purely to find out who was raising the color morphs I'm interested in breeding. After searching through many posts it became obvious that long term friendships have developed through the forum. It's refreshing to be able to share our triumphs and even disasters with those who know about, and care about Corn snakes. Thanks Rich Z.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google