CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Come back, people!

Old 04-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #31
FireTigeris
The pet rat form I was on closed down for FB- I hate the facebook for forum style things
The lack of search and the willingness of people to break the rules

The new Animals selling ban on FB might drive traffic back.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #32
Rich Z
First I heard of that. FB banned selling animals there? Yeah, that will come as a blow to some people, I would expect.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:52 AM   #33
Rich Z
Yeah, seems real to me....

Quote:
Commerce Policy

Items, products or services sold on Facebook must comply with our Community Standards as well as the Commerce Policies. Sale of the following is prohibited on Facebook:
  1. Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs;
  2. Tobacco items and related paraphernalia;
  3. Unsafe supplements;
  4. Weapons, ammunition or explosives;
  5. Animals;
  6. Adult items or services;
  7. Alcohol;
  8. Adult health items;
  9. Real money gambling services;
  10. Goods, items or posts that we determine may be or are fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or offensive;
  11. Items or products with overtly sexualized positioning;
  12. Non-physical items are prohibited on Facebook Marketplace, including but not limited to services, subscriptions, digital products, or rentals.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/policies/co...c_location=ufi

I imagine this will knock the feet out from under a lot of people who have been using their FaceBook pages to sell their animals.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #34
Nanci
I think so far it is just enforced on Facebook Marketplace. I wonder if they even consider snakes as animals???

Old 04-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #35
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I think so far it is just enforced on Facebook Marketplace. I wonder if they even consider snakes as animals???
I've seen rescue groups bring up the animal sale ban and are reporting all animal sales they see, primarily in relation to dogs/puppies, etc, but many have the AR mentality, and I don't expect them to leave other animal groups alone.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:18 PM   #36
Rich Z
Well, if it were me, and my entire business revolved around selling animals on FaceBook, I think I would be pretty darn concerned about it. From what I have seen, FaceBook will yank pages without warning and without offering any recourse. Lord knows I have had to yank some pages myself from people engaging in trademark infringement over there.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:34 PM   #37
Rich Z
I removed a couple of forums that were unused, and am still looking at a couple of others. The following are on the chopping block:

Photography Techniques and Equipment
Other Animals and Related Items Wanted

Of course, with only seven (7) posts made on this entire site in the past 24 hours, perhaps I am just trying to weatherproof the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Old 04-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #38
DollysMom
I'm really sad to hear this.

For the record I've had a busy spring and haven't been on Facebook much either. This is still the best corn snake community in the world.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #39
Reptile Lover 23
I know im a New guy but i like this forum, i do think facebook is a Bad idea as it takes over everythink i dont use facebook. and im 24

Old 04-30-2017, 09:57 PM   #40
kayjaypah
I'm new to this site and live it so far so I hope it doesn't die out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google