CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Come back, people!

Old 05-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #81
Walter Smith
Hey Frank......long time old friend.
I've been away from the forums quite a bit myself since FB came about, but I do come back every now and again to see the goings on here.

Glad to see you back in the hobby and back in the forums !!!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 05-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #82
Frank Pinello
Thanks Walter! Over the past few years I've been on visiting your website when you start listing the available hatchling and drool over some of your cutting edge stuff. Even your miamis sunkissed are incredible. Who knew that potential a decade ago.
Love the pairings you do. Keep up the good work!
Can't wait for you to start posting your '18 hatchlings!

Old 05-22-2018, 09:28 AM   #83
pgr8dnlvr
Wow, just wow....

Old 06-07-2018, 12:24 AM   #84
chris68
It's fun to come back here and visit. There is a TON of good info throughout the various threads here from many years, and a lot of neat conversations too

Old 06-10-2018, 01:51 PM   #85
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
Well, I decided to come back to this site after 11 years of absence just this weekend.
After I went from 1 son in 2002 to twin boys in 2006, it was time to sell my stock and raise my humans boys. Now That they are a bit older, I decided to get back into my passion. Only have about 16 corns now but enjoying it.
A lot happened.....Rich Z. Retired, the Loves moved out of Florida and there are many new corn morphs I had to educate myself on.

I guess l'm one of the rare people who left and came back.

P.S. I tried to come back under my old user name "pinello" but Im not very technical and must of screwed something up. So I reregistered.

Really glad to see it still going even though the traffic has slowed.
Frank, I didn't see any posts where you mentioned what morphs you are currently working with among the 16 corns. What did you get when you started over? I too sold all my snakes about 11 years ago, after a minor disaster took the starch out of me. But I couldn't stay away from the snakes forever.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #86
Frank Pinello
Well let's see......
1.0 pied sided bloodred med expression het hypo
0.1 hypo plasma
1.1 cinders
1.2 normals het motley, amel & bldrd
1.0 amel motley
0.1 coral snow
1.0 amel teserra red factor het anery
1.0 lemon tessera
0.1 sunkissed kinda okeetee looking ....real stunning
0.1 bloodred paradox (deep red with a mostly black but some grey irregular ring around her mid body.
0.1 okeetee with thick black borders looks like someone took a sharply to it. Probable het amel
1.0 reverse okeetee
1.0 normal red factor het motley, amel & bloodred

That's it!

Old 06-11-2018, 08:32 PM   #87
Tavia
Sounds like a real nice collection!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #88
Twolunger
Judging by your list, I'd say you are like me, preferring the brighter end of the spectrum. It's funny, when my son was raising quite a few corns I noticed he was concentrating on all dark morphs. His favorites were anerys and charcoals, and the darker the better. He had some of the darkest corns I ever saw. I am just the opposite, coral snows, coral ghosts, all red factor morphs in general, strawberry, sunkissed, and lavenders too. I'm waiting for Steve Roylance to post some pictures this year.

Old 06-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #89
Frank Pinello
Never thought about it but I guess I do like the lighter morphs. However early on many years ago I was really into Miami phase corns. Back in the 80s and 90s I would herped for and preferred the grey / brown back ground colors against the red/orange blotches down here in south Florida. Then in the 2000s started purchasing some at shows and bred them into my "wild" stock and had a collection of really nice Miami phase and candy canes. Started adding hypo and ultra to them about the time I sold them off. Your right, I guess I was starting to lighten them up.

Most of my corns I have now are young, only 4 I consider breeding size this year.
What's in your collection?

Old 06-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #90
Rich Z
One group of projects I really hated to terminate when I decided retire was when I was getting some really interesting results combining the various combinations of hypo and similar "lightening" genetic agents. They appeared to be all cumulative in nature, and the results I was beginning to see were very exciting. But alas, all those projects were lost and the stock dispersed to the winds.

Projects with goals of triple and quadruple homozygous animals was such a pain to even contemplate, however, so I guess most people just don't have the time, resources, and patience for that sort of thing. Well, that, and "hypo" was always such a headache to me for all the curve balls it would throw my way. I'm sure others have found that out by now, too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google