CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Server move! 09-20-2017 02:00am EST

Old 08-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #11
DLena
I'm getting the FC header and the rectangle telling me the site is down and to try back later.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:06 PM   #12
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
I'm getting the FC header and the rectangle telling me the site is down and to try back later.
Thanks for trying for me.

I was finally able to get back in after resetting my cable modem, router, and computers, and then flushing the DNS entries from the PCs. Seemed like mostly everyone else was able to get to the site, and after doing a test ping, apparently for some reason my network was thinking the site was still at the old server. Which should have at least given me the same message that the site was down, but I wasn't even getting that.

So whatever... It seems to be working now, and I have the site opened back up.

I'll have to replenish my supply of Excedrin before tackling this site. Maybe in a few days when my headache goes away.

Old 08-27-2017, 06:58 PM   #13
DLena
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:47 PM   #14
Rich Z
Ah well, the server guys just told me they plan on moving all my smaller sites over to the new server this evening, but give me some time to make certain FaunaClassifieds is running OK before moving this site.

It's entirely possible that this site might have problems because of the FaunaAds site getting hosed up during the move, so please bear that in mind. It will eventually straighten itself out, however, as the DNS info gets percolated all across internet-land.

I just checked my stock and I still have at least a half dozen Excedrins in the bottle here in my den. They say that if you chew them up they act faster and better, but I guess I'm just not man enough to take that step. Sometimes I will get one that is slow finding the way down the "tube", and that is bad enough as it starts to dissolve.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:34 PM   #15
Rich Z
OK, back on the table. This is now scheduled to take place around 1:00am EST on Sunday, 09-03-2017. A few minutes prior to that, I will be shutting down the site in preparation for the files to be moved to the new server.

Not sure how long this will take, so just check back when you can to see whether we are back or not.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #16
Rich Z
Well, I'm not sure if this is going to take place or not. I am having some problems posting replies on FaunaClassifieds on the new server. Just doesn't seem right that a posted reply will take 28 seconds to complete, does it?

So I need to get that fixed first before even thinking of moving this site over to that server. Going to be a real bite on the butt if they CAN'T fix that issue and I have to roll back to the old server. Again...

Old 09-02-2017, 01:32 PM   #17
DLena
Send Connie to the drug store. Today. My fingers are crossed on the move!

Old 09-03-2017, 07:20 PM   #18
Rich Z
I postponed this move for at least a week. Having some problems with intermittent slowness during message postings on my forums that are already on the new server. So I would like to get that resolved first before moving this site over there.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #19
DollysMom
Thanks, Rich! I appreciate your work on the forums.

(Sorry I missed this, earlier. Have been a little under the weather the past week or so.)

Old 09-05-2017, 06:47 PM   #20
Rich Z
Well, things seem to be looking up on the server guys resolving the issue with posts hanging up for sometimes up to 20 seconds. But I'm still going to wait a couple of days before thinking about migrating this site to the new server. I've already recently paid for the old servers for the next month, so I guess it's no rush now. Hopefully I won't have to be paying for three servers for too long.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google