• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Cute little fuzzy caterpillar

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Man, this thing looked so fuzzy and cuddly, I just wanted to pick it up and hug it.......

puss_caterpillar_2018_01.jpg

puss_caterpillar_2018_02.jpg

puss_caterpillar_2018_03.jpg

Yeah, I know.... I would have REALLY regretted doing that. For those of you who might not know what this is, it is a Puss Caterpillar. Considered to be the most venomous caterpillar in the USA.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/09/toupee-caterpillar-venomous-animal-weird-insect/

Never got stung by them myself, but I understand it is particularly unpleasant. Not real crazy about the idea of them hanging around in our citrus trees. Would be an easy matter to be reaching for a tangerine and not see one on the opposite side of a leaf and have my hand brush up against it.

Maybe I should have shown this one the underside of my shoe instead of taking photos of it.

Those are called Tribbles. I saw them on the old Star Trek show, but I don't know how the Romulans got them to earth. LOL I have not seen any in my area but will be watching for them. Great photography too.

Back