CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Back Into Corns

Old 01-23-2019, 12:35 AM   #11
rolandslf
Thanks Man, I checked the eggs again on Monday which was day 22, what a difference, the eggs are a mass of deep red veins. I will now only be opening the tub every Friday evening for a brief check and to allow some fresh air in.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #12
rolandslf
Despite some frequent temp, fluctuations. ( I don't have an incubator, but average summer temps here are normally around 30 celsius, this year is different though, the average temps have probably been about 27, with fluctuations from 23 to 32), the eggs are looking good on day 31.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Old 02-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #13
albinoscooby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Breeding season is always an exciting time. Seeing good eggs makes it even more exciting. Now comes the nail biting, waiting for the first pip.
That time in between when waiting is killer!!

Old 02-26-2019, 03:16 PM   #14
rolandslf
The eggs are on day 56 and looking good. I came home from work today and found the female had laid another clutch. 8 eggs this time of which 5 were outright slugs, I threw them out. The remaining 3 I put in the tub with the first clutch. I never realised that there was such a big difference in size.

Old 03-05-2019, 11:49 AM   #15
rolandslf
This weekend padt saw the eggs hit day 62. Nothing happening yet, candles the rggs and they look about half full of blackness. Will wait another week amd decide on whether to cut one of the eggs and see what is happening . What do yo guys think.

Old 03-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #16
albinoscooby
You should always put them in the incubator. Even if they look like slugs. I’ve had corns hatch even when the eggs looked terribly sluggish!

Make sure you’re temps are right, and stop opening the incubator so much to
Check on the eggs

Old 03-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #17
Twolunger
Since you don't have an incubator I'd just wait and see what happens. It is not unusual for eggs to hatch out weeks after you thought they would.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #18
rolandslf
I have only opened the tub every Sunday evening, which I have done many times over about 18 years of keeping and breeding Colubrids, oh, excepting for the past years that I got out of Colubrids. I am not a very patient person, so I am being tested.

Old 08-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #19
rolandslf
I was just browsing this post and see that it was somehow not concluded. I got 2 babies that hatched, but if I did not know better, I would not think them to be siblings from the same clutch. They are doing well .

Old 08-17-2019, 08:40 PM   #20
hypnoctopus
Great babies! That second one looks like it will be nice and bright.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google