CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Hide Size (newbie owner)

Old 05-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #1
rayb1rd
Hide Size (newbie owner)

Hello! I recently adopted an albino corn snake rescue who is estimated to be about 7 years old. I'm finishing up the tank this week and picking him up next week!

What size would you recommend for hides? I know that they should be big enough to fit the snake, but small enough so they feel secure. I was looking at a half log hide and a more "cave-like" hide, along with some bark/plants he can burrow under. What sizes (in inches) would you recommenced for an adult corn?

Old 05-09-2019, 08:21 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb1rd View Post
Hello! I recently adopted an albino corn snake rescue who is estimated to be about 7 years old. I'm finishing up the tank this week and picking him up next week!

What size would you recommend for hides? I know that they should be big enough to fit the snake, but small enough so they feel secure. I was looking at a half log hide and a more "cave-like" hide, along with some bark/plants he can burrow under. What sizes (in inches) would you recommenced for an adult corn?
It depends on how big your snake is.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
rayb1rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
It depends on how big your snake is.
About 3.5-4ft long

Old 05-14-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
they like to feel the Hide on top and surrounding them. A tight fit is better than a loose fit. Get the smallest hide he will fit in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
cave, corn snake, hide, log