CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Signature areas!

Old 09-07-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
Rich Z
Signature areas!

Please note that I have had a notice visible in every forum on this site for nearly forever detailing the limits I want imposed on the way the signature area is used.
  • No more then 4 lines of text
  • No graphics of any kind
  • In a similar vein, no animation in your avatar.

The reason for this is that all of those things make a thread way too distracting trying to read the actual text posted within the messages. Please try to be a little considerate of all of the other readers in this forum by adhering to these rather simple rules I have asked you all to follow.

When I see violations, I will simply delete them. If they keep returning, because you don't take the hint, stronger measures will be taken. Hate to sound hard nosed about it, but if that is what it takes, then that is what it takes.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:14 AM   #2
DAND
Wink

Jeesh, Rich. You act like you run this place.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:42 AM   #3
Clint Boyer
I don't know Dand, it looks like you're pushing the limit!

Old 09-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #4
Traci1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Boyer
I don't know Dand, it looks like you're pushing the limit!
Nah, the butt kissing probably doesn't count towards the 4 line limit!

I'M JUST TEASING YOU DAND !

Old 09-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #5
Rich Z
I've been noticing that some people are trying to get around my four text line limit by interspacing blank lines between those four lines of actual text. Come on people! Why do you think I am making this rule in the first place? I want to keep the SIZE of the signature are down to four lines. That means that a BLANK line is STILL a line of horizontal space taken up. Eventually some clever soul is going to try to use four lines of text with 10 blank lines between each of them. Just because they think they can.

To any and all who have been using this method within their signature area, please take steps NOW to accommodate this rule. FOUR lines of text, which includes blank lines as well, are the maximum for each signature area.

Thank you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google