CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Chat Room: Rules

Old 10-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
Roy Munson
Exclamation Chat Room: Rules

I'm getting reports that there is some sexual harassment and general trollish behavior going on in the chat room. Remember, all of the rules of the general forum apply to the chat room as well. We have very young members in the forums and in chat, and they shouldn't be subjected to raunchy adult themes. If anyone sees behavior in chat that breaks the site rules, please capture that portion of the chat and PM it to the mod team members. Those who can't follow the rules will be suspended or banned.

I should also add that the site rules apply to private messages as well. If your PM breaks site rules, and the recipient reports it, you are subject to the usual penalties.

I'll leave this thread open for discussion for now, and I may sticky a locked version in some of the other forums.

Old 10-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
CMLReptiles
just curious, but what about chat pm's?

Old 10-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMLReptiles
lol, what are you trying to say Chris? Are you going to sent me an "sexual harassment statement or act in a general trollish behavior" pm to me next time I'm in chat.

sorry

Old 10-21-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
Roy Munson
Quote:
The simplest way to explain things would be to say that if a breach of the rules is brought to the mod team's attention, then it's fair game to be evaluated and subject to disciplinary measures if applicable. If it's not brought to our attention, or we don't stumble on it ourselves, then you're ok. In other words, if you write an adult-themed or inflammatory PM or chat PM to another member, or you break the rules in chat but no mod is present and no one reports it, then you're ok.

So know your audience... WELL.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
CMLReptiles
so just to clarify...sending a pm to a 17 yr old asking about sexual orientation would be bad?...but only if a mod were to find out about it?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:53 PM   #6
Roy Munson
Quote:
so just to clarify...sending a pm to a 17 yr old asking about sexual orientation would be bad?...but only if a mod were to find out about it?
I don't think it would be appropriate to do so, but if we don't find out, nothing will happen. If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it, does it matter if it makes a sound?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:54 PM   #7
Topazfyre

I hate that post length thing...

Old 10-21-2007, 10:10 PM   #8
Susan
Quote:
In today's day and age, I would be extremely careful about everything sent anywhere over the internet. You can never tell when Big Brother is watching or when someone is making a copy for later use.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 AM   #9
rosecat
well its not always the adults that are saying things too, some times the young kids on here are just as bad ... or at least we think they're young kids.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:29 AM   #10
Jrgh17
So the moral of the story here is if you want to be a perv, do so on AIM.

Being a "computer person" I know exactly how easy it is to monitor someone's traffic. I usually stick by the rule that if you have any doubts about it, don't. Another good rule: If you wouldn't say/do it in front of your mother/grandmother, it's a no-no.

Although, my grandma can get a little raunchy after a glass of wine, so that one is up for interpretation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google