CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Chat Room: Rules

Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #21
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
There's a whole world wide web out there for those who want sexually explicit discussion.
If anyone needs a list, PM me.

(Just kidding, ya pervs!)

regards,
jazz

Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #22
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
If anyone needs a list, PM me.
PM Sent.

(KIDDING)

Old 10-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #23
Nanci
Is this like workplace rules, where you don't have to actually be the person who is being "sexually harrassed," but you only have to observe it and be offended in order to file a complaint? It bothers me a little that if a group of people are in chat, having a lively conversation, possibly with sexual innuendo, that someone else could come in and say "hey, my sulcatta tortoise is sick I need help now!" and then go complain because they weren't welcomed into the discussion. Obviously there's a line between what's appropriate and what is not, but it ought to be parents' responsibility to keep their kids out of ALL chatrooms if they so choose, and responsible adults shouldn't have to limit themselves to conversation suitable for first graders. What if we want to talk about alcohol, or drugs, or the death penalty or culling baby snakes?

Nanci

Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #24
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Is this like workplace rules, where you don't have to actually be the person who is being "sexually harrassed," but you only have to observe it and be offended in order to file a complaint? It bothers me a little that if a group of people are in chat, having a lively conversation, possibly with sexual innuendo, that someone else could come in and say "hey, my sulcatta tortoise is sick I need help now!" and then go complain because they weren't welcomed into the discussion. Obviously there's a line between what's appropriate and what is not, but it ought to be parents' responsibility to keep their kids out of ALL chatrooms if they so choose, and responsible adults shouldn't have to limit themselves to conversation suitable for first graders. What if we want to talk about alcohol, or drugs, or the death penalty or culling baby snakes?
I'd say yes, the situation here is somewhat analogous to "workplace rules". I work for a large corporation that takes sexual harassment VERY seriously. Despite this, there are many, many infractions all over the place. And everyone knows the score: know your audience, mind who's listening, and accept the fact that you could pay a very high price if the wrong person overhears, or if the person you thought was "cool" today isn't so "cool" tomorrow. Of course, the penalties here at cs.com are not so severe, so the risks are MUCH smaller. Use reasonable judgement, and act accordingly. It's not really so much to ask.

The reports I got from that night involved a young kid being a persistent pest by "asking out" every female in chat, even women that were over five times his age. Then we had another chatter allegedly speaking about the physiological responses of the female reproductive anatomy despite other chatters asking him to stop. Forget the first-graders-- this ain't cool.

There's really not much more to discuss on this, in my opinion. There are public places on this site (e.g., the main forum, and the main chat room) and there are private places (e.g., PM system, PM-chat-sessions). Choose your venue wisely when you want to discuss mature topics. And if you target someone specifically with your adult comments, even in the private places, and you don't stop after they ask you to, then you are guilty of harassment and you will be dealt with.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #25
Nanci
I'll buy that.

Nanci

Old 10-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #26
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWINGRRRR View Post
Ya'll are a hard group to break into and make e-friends with anyway.
Yeah, "show me your boobs" just doesn't have the appeal it used to. Unless, of course, it's Mardi Gras or Biker Week.

What's this world coming to anyway?

regards,
jazz

Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #27
diamondlil
Quote:
Yeah, "show me your boobs" just doesn't have the appeal it used to. Unless, of course, it's Mardi Gras or Biker Week.

What's this world coming to anyway?

regards,
jazz
I managed to wheedle your 'junkie tracks' picture, does that make us e-friends?

Old 10-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #28
kev1144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Do you think the mods read every word of every thread? We're certainly under no OBLIGATION to do so. I don't care about the "LOOK AT MEEEE!" threads, so I don't read them. If you had a problem with a post in the "What Do You Look Like" thread, you should have reported the post. You didn't. No one has. Can't say the same for your comments in chat that night.

Having said that, participants in the "What Do You Look Like" thread need to keep the rules in mind. For those who think I'm trying to kill your fun, please refer to my previous post. There's a whole world wide web out there for those who want sexually explicit discussion.

For those Sexually Explicit sites Dean is referring to just PM me to get some. Cleaned my friends dads machine the other day and well...yeah, I'll never look at pliers the same again.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #29
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
I managed to wheedle your 'junkie tracks' picture, does that make us e-friends?
Well, those were pictures of my stomach.....upon which my man-boobs rest comfortably.

regards,
jazz

Old 10-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #30
diamondlil
Quote:
Well, those were pictures of my stomach.....upon which my man-boobs rest comfortably.

regards,
jazz
Thank you, Dale, for that beautiful imagery!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google