CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

SITE RULES...

Old 11-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
Roy Munson
SITE RULES...

...or more accurately, site rules violations as they appear in the infractions system:

-Abusive towards other members (1 pt.)
-Inappropriate advertising (1 pt.)
-Profanity (2 pts.)
-Antagonism toward moderators (4 pts.)
-Racist/Prejudicial remarks (4 pts.)
-Actual or implied threats (5 pts.)

Cumulative penalties:

10 pts.: Immediate 3-day ban
20 pts.: 1-month ban
30 pts.: Permanent ban
30 pts. (Spamming): Immediate permanent ban

I'm going to sticky this here, in "New Members," and in "Gen. Chit-Chat." I'll leave this one open for serious discussion. I'll delete non-serious posts. Save your comedy for other threads.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
CaptBogart
How long are the points good for? Yearly or lifetime?

Old 11-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
Lennycorn
Just wondering... after some time (of good behavior) are the points drop or do you have them for life???

Old 11-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
Lennycorn
Sorry meant to add this...is there a way to find out how many points we have so far???

Old 11-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
Roy Munson
1. I really don't know when the points drop off. But the mods aren't restricted to the system, so if a member creates enough difficulty, they'll probably be booted anyway. I don't advise testing it.

2. I can see infractions in user profiles, but I don't know if you can. Responsible members won't need to worry.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
vetusvates
When I got mine, twice x 2pts = 4 total for profanity, I think Susan said they lasted for a year. (Implied, but clearly implied profanity.) There is an "Infractions" tab on my Profile page. I can see them. I just assumed everyone else could, too.
They are also just above my rep points on my "User CP" page.
By the way, that was back in March and April, when I was still pretty new. It hurt and was embarrassing, but I deserved them. I learned to behave more appropriately. This is the first and only forum I have ever been in, so I have been clumsier than most in learning forum etiquette.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
wstphal
Does using punctuation characters instead of letters count as profanity? I don't want to run afoul of that rule unintentionally & prefer to do something like t&^s rather than spell out the work.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
Does using punctuation characters instead of letters count as profanity? I don't want to run afoul of that rule unintentionally & prefer to do something like t&^s rather than spell out the work.
Yes, implied profanity counts. But like many of the rules, enforcement can be subjective. The admin/mod team doesn't work by committee.

This presents another point. Don't expect consistency in enforcement of site rules. Susan and I are not required to deal with all potential problems in the same way. If you run afoul of her in an area that I seemed to be tolerant, tough feces. And vice versa, of course.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstphal View Post
Yes it does. That is what I got one of my infractions for. I have seen it ignored many times (the use of symbols for obvious letters),...but mine was used in a heated inflammatory sense, so I think I earned that infraction fair and square.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
When I got mine, twice x 2pts = 4 total for profanity, I think Susan said they lasted for a year. (Implied, but clearly implied profanity.) There is an "Infractions" tab on my Profile page. I can see them. I just assumed everyone else could, too.
They are also just above my rep points on my "User CP" page.
By the way, that was back in March and April, when I was still pretty new. It hurt and was embarrassing, but I deserved them. I learned to behave more appropriately. This is the first and only forum I have ever been in, so I have been clumsier than most in learning forum etiquette.
There's a date next to them as well that tells you when your time is up for infractions...
I also see mine in the User CP section ...
I got mine for making a witty comment, no profanity or anything....
It says abusive to another member.... Which on reflection, it was... I still think it was funny though...... But I won't be doing it again... LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google