• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Whats the deal!

I do not condone lynching anyone be he black white or pokka dotted.

I will say that when the lawmakers break the law, then lynching them may not be a wholly inappropriate action in my opinion. It doesn't matter what sex, race, religion, sexual preference, etc. None of that matters to me. However, I already gave one example of a Sherriff that I believed deserved to be lynched. I believe the term I used was "set to dance." :) It was way before my time, so I kinda pick that one as a reference to (1) show what can happen here and (2) the participants are likely all dead or agree with me that they SHOULD have hung the Sherriff.....lol.

I don’t believe anyone really intended to hurt my feelings.

Really really or just really? LOL.

Semantics aside, only Susan can explain exactly what she meant. I still don't see what place inciting lynching of a president, who as a bonus isn't white, has on this forum. Even if Susan is claiming divine inspiration and protection, it's still wrong IMO

You can quote Wikipedia, cite word origins and give extraneous examples until the cows come home... but you know, that I know, that you know exactly what the "lynching" was in reference to!

. but you know, that I know, that you know exactly what the
Actually, I made reference like that once upon a time in good debate and was solidly put in my place as being very presumptuous to assume what anyone else could/would/should be thinking based on their words. But maybe that was just me. ;)

D80

You can quote Wikipedia, cite word origins and give extraneous examples until the cows come home... but you know, that I know, that you know exactly what the "lynching" was in reference to!

That takes a lot of arrogance to tell me that you know what I was thinking. What am I thinking NOW?

Folks, I hate to tell you, but when you mention any conjugation of the infinitive "to lynch" in what was once a confederate state.....there is only one thing meant, and we in Dixie have no vagaries about precisely what we are talking about. Ain't no crawfishing out of it.

The Civil War was more than a hundred years ago, but Jim Crow Laws were not.
This is taught in university level history and literature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws

Perhaps I am especially sensitive to this because for Louisiana in particular, our constitution, and various (labor) laws, etc.,....are still based residually on Napoleonic Code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleonic_code

Sorry, Brent, I know you hate citing of Wikipedia as a reference, but it was quick, close at hand,....and for those who feel still ignorant afterwards, they can continue to google.

That takes a lot of arrogance to tell me that you know what I was thinking. What am I thinking NOW?
Your irritated that I pointed out there's a pink elephant sitting on this thread that you're conveniently trying to convince me isn't there.

The fact that Obama is black was only an added bonus to my comment, but not the reason behind it. And in my personal opinion, I don't classify Obama with African Americans (or whatever the current politically correct term is for today). I place him with the Al Qaeda terrorists.
For those who have missed this part of the thread, here's Susan's statement, referring to the president's being black as a bonus when she has stated he should be lynched. I don't see much mental gymnastics being necessary to infer racial overtones here, however much it's denied

Actually, I made reference like that once upon a time in good debate and was solidly put in my place as being very presumptuous to assume what anyone else could/would/should be thinking based on their words. But maybe that was just me. ;)

D80
If I see a pink elephant ( or panda) and I know you see it too...I'm going to point it out, to not do so would be to insult the intelligence of both of us.

It amazes me that a moderator of this great forum can make comments that she did and still retain being a moderator. QUOTE]

I believe a moderator, in the job of moderator, has the duty to enforce the rules that the site owner has set. Any of the moderators also have the right to personal opinions which they can state to their hearts' content, as long as they also follow the rules Rich has set. They aren't required to be a moral guide, AFAIK.

For those who have missed this part of the thread, here's Susan's statement, referring to the president's being black as a bonus when she has stated he should be lynched. I don't see much mental gymnastics being necessary to infer racial overtones here, however much it's denied
until "the cows come home"* probably

* a, long, long time.

This thread is to heavy.. and now something completely different.
coon.jpg

Back