• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Corn hasn't shown himself after moving

smale492

So about a week ago I moved houses across my town and my snake has not been out and about since. I had him downstairs and my roomie has dogs so i thought maybe the dogs were scaring him. I moved him upstairs to my room now since I just got a table for him. I still have yet to see him come out besides a head poke out week ago when he was still down stairs.

Should I be worried or is this kinda expected after a move and so much change and adjustment.

He hasn't shed in awhile so I thought maybe he is going into his shed since he normally never shows himself at all once he is about to.

Give him time. You mentioned two of the reasons he may be hiding. Either can be the reason, but if he hasn't shed in a while I'd bet on that. My corns are curious about their surroundings and I think he will be too.

Give him time. You mentioned two of the reasons he may be hiding. Either can be the reason, but if he hasn't shed in a while I'd bet on that. My corns are curious about their surroundings and I think he will be too.

Yeah just hope he is ok

I'd had my corns for four years in the same place, but after I moved, they hid for two weeks or more (one of them was a month). They were all unusually twitchy and jumpy when being handled too. Just takes time to get over the trip and get used to the new place, I guess.

Look at it from the snake's perspective, he feels safe and secure in his environment and then finds himself in strange surroundings. His natural instinct would cause him to hide and check things out slowly to make sure no predators are lurking nearby. Having said that, I moved over a dozen corns 1700 miles and fed them all the next day. None were shy about coming out to eat. That instinct must have trumped the other one. LOL.

Back