CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Rerouted to AFF...

Old 10-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #141
Susan
They still haven't corralled and removed that nasty virus yet. Was re-routed again this morning. Bitdefender handles it nicely, but still annoying BC (before coffee).

Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #142
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
They still haven't corralled and removed that nasty virus yet. Was re-routed again this morning. Bitdefender handles it nicely, but still annoying BC (before coffee).
No, and it won't be eradicated till we are on the new server. I've got the new one ordered, so it's now a matter of getting it built then moving the sites over to it.

I actually got some flak from both my programmer and the security guy about the server that my server host suggested to me. They told me it is way more than my needs and I would be better off getting a much more inexpensive server. But heck, didn't make sense to me to get a new server and not get a better one than I was already using. I'm going to be getting about twice the performance for about the same amount of money. Well, I am hiring the security guy on a monthly management service he offers. So that will raise the price about 50 percent over what I have been paying with his services added in. But lesson learned with this security stuff. I don't EVER want something like this to happen again.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #143
hikisquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
No, and it won't be eradicated till we are on the new server. I've got the new one ordered, so it's now a matter of getting it built then moving the sites over to it.

I actually got some flak from both my programmer and the security guy about the server that my server host suggested to me. They told me it is way more than my needs and I would be better off getting a much more inexpensive server. But heck, didn't make sense to me to get a new server and not get a better one than I was already using. I'm going to be getting about twice the performance for about the same amount of money. Well, I am hiring the security guy on a monthly management service he offers. So that will raise the price about 50 percent over what I have been paying with his services added in. But lesson learned with this security stuff. I don't EVER want something like this to happen again.
Thank you for this. I'm very happy that you are working to get it taken care of, and I really appreciate it. Considering how much of a pain it is to be redirected, I can only imagine it's exponentially worse for you.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #144
dave partington
I hope you get a butler, maid and chauffeur with your new server. And some cookies. Good ones, not the kind I make. From someone who love you long time. Her who wield a shovel well. Thanks.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #145
RobbiesCornField
Quote:

AWESOME!!!!! There should be a funding party for the new server. If everyone chips in a couple bucks, cost to you should be minimal. I'd be willing to kick in a few come pay day.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #146
Alicia P
^^ WhatHeSaid

Old 10-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #147
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
AWESOME!!!!! There should be a funding party for the new server. If everyone chips in a couple bucks, cost to you should be minimal. I'd be willing to kick in a few come pay day.
Thanks, but no, that isn't necessary. You all who are Contributor members and the members who are paying for their own personal forums here are helping out enough. I never had even a thought about getting rich off of this sort of stuff. As long as the bills get paid and Connie and I have a bit of a supplemental income where we don't have to worry about having enough money when we need to go to the grocery store, I'm OK with the way things are going.

But, again, thanks for the kind thoughts....

Old 10-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #148
Outcast
I have already cleared it with my wife. That as soon as I start receiving my checks again I will be able to re-up my contribution to the site. It is the least I can do to help out.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #149
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Thanks, but no, that isn't necessary. You all who are Contributor members and the members who are paying for their own personal forums here are helping out enough. I never had even a thought about getting rich off of this sort of stuff. As long as the bills get paid and Connie and I have a bit of a supplemental income where we don't have to worry about having enough money when we need to go to the grocery store, I'm OK with the way things are going.

But, again, thanks for the kind thoughts....
Fine. Then I guess I'll just have to buy a personal forum in the coming weeks to show my support.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #150
Sindrik8x
Going to talk to my wife and see about becoming a contributor here soon. I really do appreciate what you all do and want this place to stick around as I consider it my favorite snake resource on the web. Glad to hear things are working themselves out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google