• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rich, how are things going?

carl3

NortheastSnakes.com
Rich, just wondering how this upcoming season is looking for you! I'm curious about how much time/work goes into planning? Have most of your animals been paired up yet? I would go crazy thinking about how to pair them together and what to expect.

Keep us updated! :)

- Jason

Heck, the way I do it is that I will take down a female's cage, set it on the counter, and think "Hmm, what do I want to breed her with this year?"

Fact of the matter is, I haven't even labeled many new breeders coming online this year, so I don't even know what I will be breeding together quite yet.

I used to jot down notes for breeding plans in the upcoming season, but invariably, I could never find the notebook, or I would look at my notes and think I must have been crazy when I thought about breeding THOSE lines together. So why bother?

But I do think I am going to take more care and breed anything hypo with direct siblings this year. The results I got last year trying to outcross different blood lines with my various hypos nearly drove me over the edge. But at least I have a better handle on which lines will produce some really "killer" Hypo Lavenders this year. Hopefully......

Back