CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Strange occurence (health problem)

Old 09-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
DrunkZombie
Strange occurence (health problem)

Hello, ive got 18 hatchings and ALL 7 Amel's and 2 Normal corn hatchings have a strange scab/swollen nose. It is just above the middle of the mouth, in-between the nostrils.

Its very strange and is causing breathing problems for one of the baby's, I think its blocked the nose up so that it has to breath through its mouth instead, but that would not explain the pop noise it makes when it breaths. It is also a little off colour (looks like its getting ready to shed, but then no other babys are)

Has anyone got any idea what this is?? its only affected my Amel's (all of them) and 2 classic... could it be Genetic?

Ollie

Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Nanci
Does it look like this?

When I got Jake, I was thinking what the heck is wrong with his nose- it's all crusty! And then he shed the next day. He was in the clear phase, no longer blue. Just a thought...

Nanci

Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
DrunkZombie
yeah it does look like that actually, just in a more local area, not so spread around. Has he always has a crusty nose then? or does it clear up?

On a couple of the babys their nose is a little swollen, could this be a side affect of the crusty nose if this is the same thing? :S

I can get some pics tomorrow if you would like some? i can do it now because there is not enough light around.

Ollie

Old 09-25-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
Nanci
When he shed, it went back to being completely normal. Shedding can make them make weird breathing noises, too.

Nanci

Old 09-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
DrunkZombie
Ah alright then, making me feel lots better im going to keep a very close eye on them all. Thanks Nanci

Ollie

Old 09-25-2007, 11:11 PM   #6
Sanebedlam
Let us know how he is doing.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:22 AM   #7
Joejr14
A lot of that is nose/deli cup rub. My amel sunkissed has it on her bottom jaw where she continually tries to escape her tupperware.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google