CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Suggestions ?

Old 12-05-2018, 12:42 AM   #1
autumn5567
Suggestions ?

I recently took in a corn snake from a couple who couldn’t keep her anymore. She’s healthy, however, they did put crickets in the tanks thinking she would eat them, and now there are baby crickets ALL OVER in there. I’m not sure of the best way to clean out the tank and put in new bedding without making a huge mess with dirty bedding and hundreds of baby crickets. Any suggestions?

Old 12-05-2018, 01:12 AM   #2
Twolunger
I've had to clean out a couple lizard cages like that. One way is to use a shop vac and suck everything out of the tank. Then take it outside to the trash and dump the contents. If the shop vac has a disposable paper liner remove it and throw it away. Another way is to place a garbage bag inside the tank and use a dustpan to scoop everything up and put it in the bag. You may have to let the corn roam around or put her in something temporarily.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
I'd just put the snake in a safe container for a few minutes. Dump everything out of the cage. Thoroughly clean it and replace the bedding and furnishings.

If the people were dumb enough to to what you said, then I'd bet they didn't take the best of care anyway, and a good cleaning certainly won't hurt anything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google