CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Waiting on a girl!

Old 03-21-2019, 05:52 PM   #11
Dragonling
Might be because you doubled the [img] tags. Perhaps that breaks something on mobile, especially if using Tapatalk. Can't say I've ever used it, but that's only because I've been using BB style forums on PCs for nearly two decades now so I'm a lot more comfortable with the desktop interface and BBCode.

I don't really get why Alabama corns suddenly gained popularity, but to each their own. For a supposedly "locality" animal, there's an awfully wide range of phenotypes (though I've seen some consistency in DeKalb co. corns), and most look like they were freshly plucked out of a mud puddle. Maybe the wild-caught look is part of the appeal? It's not for me.

This one has a pretty cool yellow hue though, almost like Buf. She looks like she'll be a bit more colorful than some of the drab tarnished silver Alabamas I've seen.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #12
MysticExotics
This was a WC Alabama that I had. Letting her go is my biggest regret. I sent her to someone in Alabama, who was going to work on a locality Alabama project, but they gave them to someone else, who dropped off the face of the earth.

She was gravid when caught. These two are from that clutch. First the female, then the male.

The last photo is one of her babies that I produced, with an Okeetee Tessera.
The outcrossed babies all seem to end up with more tan ground color.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:03 PM   #13
Cane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
This was a WC Alabama that I had. Letting her go is my biggest regret. I sent her to someone in Alabama, who was going to work on a locality Alabama project, but they gave them to someone else, who dropped off the face of the earth.

She was gravid when caught. These two are from that clutch. First the female, then the male.

The last photo is one of her babies that I produced, with an Okeetee Tessera.
The outcrossed babies all seem to end up with more tan ground color.
I think it was that picture of your girl in an old thread that sparked the desire in me! If they can be selectively bred to look like her I think the Alabama is much better looking than the Miamis. I'll probably lust after a Miami next and God help my credit card if the goldens ever become more available.

I'm glad I got my Okeetee as a first corn but I need some more more notes to the symphony! I think the land race corns have plenty of color but I will probably eventually get into "artificial" morphs or at least Hets if I ever decide to breed a few for mouse money. Somebody should have warned me that they would be addictive....

Old 04-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #14
Cane
Got my little girl today! What a sweetie.

I remember when I got my first corn, Shesha, he was about the same age. Upon opening his deli container the first thing he did was strike at me. This new girl calmly eased up to my fingers, gave me a tongue sniff, and started exploring my hand. I think she's definitely a keeper!

I'll get some pictures in a few days, once she settles in, and I find where I stashed my camera.

Old 05-05-2019, 11:54 PM   #15
Cane
Still never got my camera charged up but I took a couple cell phone pics. I was a little worried that she was 10 months old and only weighed 16 grams but she eats like a champ and has been chowing down on 2 pinks every 4 to 5 days and is now 20 grams. I have a couple more feeds of pinkies to go and then I'm moving her up to fuzzies. She's still a sweet heart. never once rattled or ran and she eats like a lady. She'll eats while I'm holding her and doesn't strike and coil. Just daintily takes it from my fingers.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:24 PM   #16
Maevenish
She is adorable! Very pretty snake.

Wendy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google