CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

Available snakes

Old 02-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #61
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
Good luck, Heather!

Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #62
MysticExotics
Thanks everyone! I hope to find out on Tuesday if I stand a chance at buying a house.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:32 AM   #63
MysticExotics
Got some bad news today...I owe $1,000 for taxes...being divorced & having sold the house hurt me. This is the first time I have ever had to pay...ugh.

I put some snakes back up for sale, on my iHerp page that I was gonna keep afterall, with the hope that if/when I buy the house, I don't have to worry about #'s.
Well, now I really need the money, to pay the taxes.

I won't have any idea on whether I can possibly get approved for a house, until at least tomorrow, or the next few days.

With gathering paperwork for taxes & getting stuff ready for trying to get pre-approved, I have not had time to work on my FedEx certification. I will as soon as I can.
The house I want is a shortsale, which take at least 60 days, so I will be putting any/all extra money (after paying for taxes) I get into savings, to help boost my chances of getting the house.

Ugh, I did not need this...

Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #64
Em Wright
That's a real shame Heather. If it's not one thing, it's another as the saying goes. My fingers are still crossed for you!!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #65
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
Oh, Geez, Heather. That really sux! Yeah, owning a home definitely is a good thing when it comes to taxes, because you can write off the mortgage interest. Don't forget to wait until the last possible minute to pay Uncle Sam--that'll give you more breathing space to get the money together. I'm sure you already know this stuff :-).

I'm hoping and praying that you get some good news when it comes to your mortgage application. You need to catch a break about now! *HUGS*

Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #66
MysticExotics
More bad news....I cannot get a loan to buy a house, due to the circumstances of my short sale. Government rule, that no loans for three years, regardless of reason for short sale. June will be 1 yr since my short sale, so I have 2 more years to wait.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #67
Ares2010
Man that sucks, Heather.. about the taxes and the house. I hope things get better for you.

As for the snakes.. I'm sorry you have to still sell some of them.. but my sister and I have already begun to prepare for Eos and Athena (the other female snake your holding for us)... we have the UTH's ordered and getting new tanks for them this weekend... already have their hides ordered and all.

I hope things look up for you very soon, Heather.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #68
josie
I'm really sorry to hear that Heather. I was really wishing you all the best. Maybe you could still use moving as a bargining chip with your landlord if he tries to put in a "snake" clause in your new lease. I'm sure he doesn't want to loose a good tenant and his wifes phobias shouldn't play in to the equasion since she isn't living there, you are. You pay your rent on time, take good care of their property, that counts for something.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #69
Em Wright
I'm so sorry to hear that, Heather!!! You could still look for another place to rent if they do put a snake clause in the lease. I hope you all the best and will continue to hope for some better circumstances soon!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #70
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
Awww.... I'm SO sorry to hear that, Heather!

Here's an option you might want to look into. It's how I purchased my first house: Owner contract. Set it up w/an attorney and have all the payments go into escrow. It's much more difficult for a sleazy homeowner/seller to just pocket the payments and default on the house, that way. Some sellers might be willing to do this if 1), the house has difficulty getting a conventional loan for some reason (no concrete foundation, bad roof, etc. in other words, a fixer-upper) and/or 2) it's been on the market a long time. It certainly doesn't hurt to inquire, anyway. There are plenty of real estate agents that can help you find that kind of home if you're interested. I'm pretty sure that federal laws can't keep you from purchasing a home going this route.

Whatever happens, I hope you don't have to move until YOU want to, and that you aren't asked to rehome any more of your snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google