CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Water!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
Galaxyman
Water!

Hey everyone, I'm new here and a bit paranoid. Is generic bottled Ozarka water fine for my little corn?

Thanks!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
BobbyHill
I give my snakes tap water even though some people say not to... I certainly wouldn't worry about it!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:34 AM   #3
CassieK
I also give mine just regular tap water, they are all doing just fine. I dont know for certain but I would assume that the brand of bottled water doesnt matter, your little guy should be fine

Old 05-30-2009, 05:13 AM   #4
rraabbiitt
I too give mine tap water, it shouldn't be a big deal unless you don't drink your tap water either.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #5
bitsy
Mine have always had tap water, but it depends what your local water supply is like. If you trust it enough to drink it straight from the tap, it should be fine for the youngster.

I'm sure bottled spring water will be fine. I'd have a quick check of the label to make sure it hasn't been treated with anything, but I guess the lack of additives will be one of the selling points.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
rraabbiitt
Not to mention bottled water is not FDA regulated so it can have just as bad or even worse bacteria in it that any tap water.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #7
RobbiesCornField
I use filtered tap water. It's worked just fine for me so far.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
Blue Apple Herps
Ozarka is fine to give, but not necessary. Regular tap water is OK.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
ceduke
I use tap water....for myself and my critters.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #10
reyshells
I usually use filtered water. Especially because I just moved back into the city- the tap water isn't very trustworthy here. :] But snakes are hardy, I've never heard of implications because of tap water.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
water