• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What kind of corn?

ReptileWoman

I got a corn snake through a trade and I don't believe its a straight up standard corn but I really don't know my morphs. I was hoping someone could shed some light on what I might have if not a normal?

image.jpeg

photo.JPG

I'd say caramel.
But a really skinny caramel!! I'd get some food in him quickly. :(

Although, those patterns and body shape look rather "rat snakie" too (got any pictures of the head?).

Skinny?

Skinny? Really? I did some quick measurements and just over 4' in length and 1" wide at the widest part. I don't have a soft measuring tape on hand to give girth but doesn't look skinny to me....?

Caramel was my thought as well but again the saddles looked weird... head doesn't look rat snake like though...

Can you get a full body photo of it on a contrasting background? In the top photo it's somewhat difficult to get a good look at it because the floor is the same colors as the snake. It will likely help a bit in guesses at morph

Skinny? Really? I did some quick measurements and just over 4' in length and 1" wide at the widest part. I don't have a soft measuring tape on hand to give girth but doesn't look skinny to me....?

Caramel was my thought as well but again the saddles looked weird... head doesn't look rat snake like though...

The backbone protruding like that is usually indicative of either under feeding or an illness of some sort; you usually want them to have a "bread loaf" shape.
It may just be the way the picture was taken though, or shows up on my screen. Now that I look at it again, the shadowing in the second picture makes it look like the spine is protruding but in actuality it's indented?
I think, maybe it's just the pictures, or the computer I'm on.

Ok here are some on a blue towel... of course shes not in the mood for a photo shoot so staying still was tricky but hopefully its a better indicator.

image.jpeg

photo.JPG

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Not sure on being skinny but I think it's likely the angle of the pics. In person there are no protruding ribs.

Definitely not an amel motley because she has dark eyes. Motley tends to take black pigment out of normals. I think she is a normal motley, also she does not look skinny in the second round of pictures. The first ones made her look really underweight!

Yep yep, dark eyes - caramel mot. for my .02 on morph type (could be a normal too, but does look to have caramel influence).
Thanks for the better pictures! She looks great with those second pictures.

Excellent thanks - I am still new to corns and they vary so much from one to another. I thought motleys had black in them but it looks like thats not always the case. Her head has no pattern which seems weird to me but I know you can't tell from the pics... she wouldn't stay still!!

Next on the agenda is sexing... I'll wait a few days for her to settle before probing. I was told female but I always check to be sure!

Motely is only a pattern modifying gene. Some morphs may appear lighter in color but that's predominantly due to the fact that motley has a tendency to 'wipe' the side patterns clean.

I think it's the lighting and photo quality.

What looks like a protruding spine is actually indented (look carefully, it's difficult to see imo).
She does look like she could gain a bit, but is rather a healthy size.

Back