CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Pinkie shortage

Old 09-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicashallperish View Post
I am used to 20 cents a piece. Hence why I consider 98 rape.
They cost you more than that, though. To get that pricing, you have to buy 250 from Layne (the cheapest I could find), and that's before shipping. Once shipping is added, that 45.92 more than doubles to $95.92 to my zip code. You're sticker shocked, because you are used to seeing prices before shipping. Thing is, that store pays shipping. And someone to place that order, stock those mice, sort and price them, etc.

Sure, if you are able to pick up or buy in huge quantities, you can save quite a bit of money. But I'll state again that for single pricing, below a dollar retail for a pink anywhere is far, faaaar from rape.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:47 PM   #12
Jim Godfrey
Not to mention that pinks have increased in price from .15 to .25 since the spring of this year. Adults are also up $10 for a bag of fifty. Mice Direct is normally my source. Checked Rodent Pro. Same prices. Don't understand the drastic increase.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #13
Christen
I am not surprised with the price increase or shortage at all. With Rodent Pro having to cull off all of their stock back in spring I can only imagine that they are out sourcing some of their orders and with the increase demand to all of the other rodent suppliers the price is going to go up. I would imagine once Rodent Pro (and the others) recover from the issue that they had, prices will level out and hopefully come down.

We can only hope, right?

Old 09-27-2012, 12:38 AM   #14
codymi
or they'll see that people are willing to pay that much for their product and it will stay the same. seems to be the way most things work.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #15
Jim Godfrey
Yep. Once the price goes up it tends to stay that way with the exception of occasional sales when surplus occurs. A 66% price increase in less than six months is alarming. It is on all sizes as well.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:09 AM   #16
robertstroke
This is a bad news for us good thing there are alternatives. The current corn shortage has forced cash strapped farmers to get imaginative. Candy is progressively becoming a supplement to the diet of cows.
  Received Infraction
Old 05-29-2014, 01:28 AM   #17
dave partington
Here's a list for sourcing.
I'm glad we didn't have a shortage in 2013.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:56 AM   #18
robertstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
Here's a list for sourcing.
I'm glad we didn't have a shortage in 2013.
I'm glad to hear that too!

Old 05-29-2014, 04:55 AM   #19
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicashallperish View Post
its driving me insane, no where near my has had any pinkies... i broke down and bought some from the pet store for 98cents a piece.. RAPE.
I know this is an old post, but I wanted to speak up about this. May I suggest you don't use the word "rape" to complain about paying a buck for a mouse? The word has a very deep, disturbing connotation for some, and I would pay $20/mouse not to have to think about rape the way I do.

The only way "rape" is not used as a forced sexual act (in the dictionary) is to "to plunder (a place); despoil." If you are not forced to pay that price, you were not raped.

Thanks for listening, all I ask is to choose your words carefully in mixed company. You never know whose world you are hurting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google