CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Heads Up: Salmonella outbreak tied to PetSmart mice

Old 05-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #11
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
And "across the board" also applies to most pet shops and feed stores. I just paid $13 for 6 pinkies the other day from our local feed store.
Wow, I sell pinks 10 for $5 and people still complain! I have once had a customer leave b/c they thought that was too much "They're just a few cents online" and then drive to Petsmart (15+ miles away) and try to put together an online order for their single hatchling snake. About two hours later they came back and bought pinks.

I don't understand the logic behind wanting 766% markups -but especially when you have competition.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Wow, I sell pinks 10 for $5 and people still complain! I have once had a customer leave b/c they thought that was too much "They're just a few cents online" and then drive to Petsmart (15+ miles away) and try to put together an online order for their single hatchling snake. About two hours later they came back and bought pinks.

I don't understand the logic behind wanting 766% markups -but especially when you have competition.
That's a pretty dang good price for a pet store! The reptile stores I have been to usually charge $1.00-$1.10 per pinky.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:08 PM   #13
plasticoamericano
I bought some of these about three weeks ago. The local store charges two fifty for hoppers. I'm so mad now. Gah I will order online next time.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #14
Chip
For one snake, that can be tough to do. It won't be on hoppers long, and they usually come 50 to a bag. And with shipping, you have to buy a good bit for it to be a bargain. But if your local store is that bad, you might come out cheaper buying online, you'll just have to do the math.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #15
plasticoamericano
She's already off hoppers. That's just the last price I checked on with him. Adult mice are probably like four bucks with him.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #16
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Here's a better article, giving the source of the mice.
Hmmmm.....

Old 05-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #17
ceduke
I'm very lucky to have a local store that offers tiered discounts on feeders - his best pricing is at 200+ feeders....so even though it's still a bit more than ordering online, I get 200 at a time and support a local business.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #18
vetusvates
Times when I have been in a bind, I have gone waayyy across town to a great all around family-owned pet and supply store. They have a giant of a bearded lizard there...and juveniles.

They sell live mice no questions asked. The large tasty juicy luscious lip-smacking adult mice go for $3 a piece. Never bought more than 8 or 12 in a visit, so no large scale endeavour.

I like going there. They have the supplies, and corals, to make a nice reef aquarium. Which I soooooo want,...with the human needed to probably keep it looking good (which they _don't_ supply...). LOL.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #19
jaymillz
My local pet store charges 1.39 per pinky I wish I had a better place to go

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Old 05-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #20
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticoamericano View Post
I bought some of these about three weeks ago. The local store charges two fifty for hoppers. I'm so mad now. Gah I will order online next time.
Check out Layne Labs. You can order smaller quantities, and they are on the west coast, in California.
Taht is where I geet my feeders from.
I am very happy with the quality!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google