CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

any ideas?

Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
Tania
any ideas?

I was in our local reptile shop and I saw this little boy and I just couldn't resist him
He was labeled as hypo lavender, the other 2 snakes in the enclosure were hypo lavenders. I know hypo lavs can be very light when being young, but I haven't seen them this light.... His eye colour is also very light for a hypo lav I think, the other two had a normal hypo lav eye colour.
It is probably just a hypo lav and his colours still have to develop, but what do you guys think?

here are the pics, I'm allready completely in love wiht him

one with flash:

and 3 ones without:

Old 02-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
jessicashallperish
can you get a good eye photo?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
Tania
I'll try to make some.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
taxman123
The pictures just look like a snow but I know pictures dont show the right colors so I could be wrong.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
Nanci
He kind of looks like an avalanche to me. Does he have belly checks? Otherwise, I'd go with snow.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:19 AM   #6
Tania
He doesn't look like a snow in real life to me. I'll try to make some more pictures which show his colours more acurate

Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
Susan
He looks very similar to the first male hypo lavender I ever produced. The color on his neck says hypo lav to me much more than it says snow. The eye color also has the faint blueish tint seen in ruby-eyed hypos versus the pink of snows. It might also be that he's going into blue which is why his colors aren't as bright as one would think for a hypo lav. Other photos are a definite must at this point. And if his eyes in other photos should scream homo amel, I would then consider him to be an opal and not a snow and perhaps even a hypo opal. Nice pick-up!

Old 02-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
Tania
Thanks Susan.
That is a beautiful boy

Don't know is he's about to shed, but I managed to figure out where he came from. Parents are: male = hypo lavender stripe (very light), female = lavender het. hypo stripe or hypo lavender motley, but if it is the second female, my boy should be motley striped and het is not, so it has to be the first female.
I think I'm safe to say it is indeed a hypo lavender then and that he is het. stripe! What a nice plus

Old 02-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
Nanci
Wow- he's so light!! Looking back at the photos, he doesn't have any yellow. So- obviously not snow.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #10
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Wow- he's so light!! Looking back at the photos, he doesn't have any yellow. So- obviously not snow.
I don't think it would be displaying much (if any) yellow at that tiny size/age, but I do think it has a the peachy-orange on the neck as Susan also mentioned. That in conjuction with the two parent's obvious genetics, I'd also say it's definitely a hypo lavender as well, and not a snow.

~Doug

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google