CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

Old 12-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #91
Holly12
Ya know with winter being the humidity is so bad no matter what I do to keep the humidity in it never stays. So Forcedexile I did what you when my first cornsnake had his shed back in November and it work really well. He did not like it but at lease the shed came off.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #92
Forcedexile
yeah he's been trying to find humid places all day too...curling up next the wet towel i have on top of his viv, soaking in his waterbowl. so i put a humid hide in place of the log I had in there. maybe that'll help him get anything i couldn't see with my naked eye. from what i see on the old skin, he got everything off up to his vent before he started having trouble. so i made sure anything past the vent came off when i gave him the bath. he looks fine now but like i said he's seeking out humid areas of the tank too.

I'm just glad I was able to tell when he went blue. 2 days ago I noticed his eyes had a cloudy blueish tint to them and i was about to post something about it on here but then he shed

Old 12-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #93
CornyApollo
Great instructions! Much simpler than other methods I have seen suggested.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #94
AliCat37
I just did this today with my ball python... except the jerk just sat in one spot for 20 minutes! So I just rubbed the skin off in the direction it naturally would have, now he's all shiny and clean!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #95
Holly12
My corn snake he still has not shed yet and his eyes are back to normal his eyes have been back to normal for 3 days now. I'm wondering when he will shed? this will be his second shed with me.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #96
AliCat37
Holly, sometimes mine will sit under their logs for 3-4 days after their eyes clear up, I usually will get them out when they start looking really funny and then put them away again ASAP. I think just getting them moving is motivation haha, I almost always get a shed from them as soon as they are put away.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #97
Forcedexile
well I had another incomplete shed only 21 days after his last shed. did another 20 min bath and the remaining skin came off by itself this time instead of me having to try rubbing it off gently. and he pooped right after he got the stuck skin off! lol. i'm a little concerned that I had to handle him today, feeding day, but we'll see if he still takes his pinkie anyway.

on a side note, after this shed I was looking at him and it looks as though he's getting a salmon tint to his entire body. so maybe he's a salmon snow? obviously pics would be needed to show you guys. i'll see if i can get some.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #98
chris68
Snows vary the range of possible "tints"; greenish, or pinkish, or yellowish. Go to http://www.jmgreptile.com/cimages/SalmonSnow003.jpg or http://www.cornsnake.net/photo-galle...ow-salmon.html These kind of set the standard for what a "salmon snow" should look like.

Not sure what you are keeping your corn snake in (it IS a lot of pages to read ) but if it's in a screened top aquarium style cage you can cover 2/3rds of the top to help hold in humidity, as they let all the humidity escape thru the top. Especially this time of year

Old 12-31-2011, 08:35 AM   #99
Forcedexile
yeah humidity is good by what the gauge says...it seems to just be the tail that rips off when he sheds.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #100
Nanci
I would try putting plastic wrap loosely over the entire screen lid when you notice the snake is blue, and mist once every day or two, lightly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
shedding problem