CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Fancy Corn Snake vs. Corn Snake

Old 01-03-2018, 09:32 PM   #1
Mushu
Question Fancy Corn Snake vs. Corn Snake

Hi, I hope to get my snake sometime this year at Petsmart, but I saw two different corns, Fancy Corn Snake and just Corn Snake. Does anyone know the difference between the two? All I know is that the Fancy Corn is like $20 more.

Thanks

Michael

Old 01-03-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
Shiari
"Fancy" is just their term for anything that is not a normal. This includes things like amels and aneries.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:01 AM   #3
Twolunger
Consider that a corn snake can live for many years, so don't just buy whatever is available at Petco. Do a little research and find the morph that you really like. I've seen some awesome normals, and then some higher end morphs that didn't appeal to me. Scan this forum or Fauna.com to see what's available and what suits you.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
Reggie Wriggle
Got the whole setup including snake, hides, vivarium, water bowl and aspen from Gumtree. Though Reggie was a year old when I got him/her. There are a lot of people wanting to sell their snakes.
I also bought Reggies second larger vivarium from Gumtree which was about 1/3 of the cost of a new one and came with lots of extras. I then sold the old smaller one and the difference was only about £30.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #5
Dragonling
As someone who works at a big box retail store, don't get a snake from a big box retail store. Most are priced ridiculously high. I would never pay $50 for a normal with no history. You'll find higher quality elsewhere. Heck, I've got some very well established 2017 normals, Tesseras, a Hypo or a Motley I could send you. Christmas snows if you feel like saving up a bit.

Old 02-09-2018, 02:16 AM   #6
thewalkingtechie
To answer your question , a Fancy snake is what box stores like petsmart and petco refer to assorted morphs as. They’re not your typical colored corn snake .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #7
ArtOfNebula
Petco and Petsmart don't know what Animals they have half the time. I went into a petsmart and saw an Amel being sold as a "cornsnake" and a ghost being sold as a "fancy cornsnake". Each petsmart and petco are different and its best not to purchase from them.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:55 PM   #8
MLubrano
I am looking for a female fire Cheyenne corn snake but will take a male. Does anyone have a baby or up to 2 yrs old?

Old 12-30-2018, 12:33 PM   #9
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLubrano View Post
I am looking for a female fire Cheyenne corn snake but will take a male. Does anyone have a baby or up to 2 yrs old?
There is literally a forum section dedicated to buying corn snakes but you're resurrecting old threads instead.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google