CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Very agressive

Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
02CETA24
Very agressive

Yesturday i went out and bought a tree for both my corn snakes. When i put the tree in the cage they seem to love it and wont get off of it. I have a snow named pinky and the other one is an orange one named buggsy aka bugs. today i tried to move pinky off bugs so i could try to feed him again and to see if he is any better. Pinky just ate sunday so i havent even tried to mess with him at all but when i tried to slowly touch pinky to move off of bugs i heard the rattling then he struck and this is the third time. Im really scared and worried. Should i be? Im to the point where i want to take him back.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
snakewispera snr
Sounds like co-hab to me... Did you do a search of co-hab before posting... Thought I'd mention it nicely before the starts...LOL

Old 01-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
02CETA24
yeah i did so im most likely going to take my snow back today i really do like him but im scared that hes actually going to get my fingers one of these days

Old 01-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
MinLynn
Ah I don't think you should take him back just yet! Some corns are just naturally nervous and with you having them co-habbed they're probably stressed out. Try getting them into separate vivs and see how they react.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
*salAMANDA88*
is the snow a baby..
?
My baby corns have been pissy now and then..but they will get over it..
even if the snake has not had attention in a while they can be pissy..just give them time and work with them...they will get better....and it doesnt hurt really when they do get you..=)
and Co-habbing is bad..you should get them each their own home.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLynn View Post
Ah I don't think you should take him back just yet! Some corns are just naturally nervous and with you having them co-habbed they're probably stressed out. Try getting them into separate vivs and see how they react.
Excellent advice.......
I wouldn't worry about a bite..... It's no big deal off a corn.... Just a bit shocking at the speed...... And a bite looks cool when you show your friends...LOL
Really though, any animal with a head full of teeth can bite, so get used to it, it's part of the hobby/fun..... And then you can post a pick of it under bite club...LOL

Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
02CETA24
Its really cool when he strikes. Yeah he is a babay a really big baby. LOL. He was pretty cool when i got him my main concern is when hes done digesting his food and i get him out to work with him cause he is kinda skitish cause he hasnt been handled as much as my other one has he will strike at my 3 1/2 year old. I could care less if he bites me. I also dont have the money to seperate them or else i would.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #8
MinLynn
Well, you can cheaply separate them by using a tub even if it was only temporarily until you wanted to get a new tank. As for the 3 1/2 year old, I just wouldn't handle him while the baby is around(you are talking about a 3 1/2 year old child right?). In fact whenever the snakes are being handled in my house, the kids aren't allowed anywhere near them until we know they are having a nice,calm day and aren't in one of their moods. That includes both snakes and children! We've noticed that if the kids are really hyper and jumpy, the snakes are too!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
02CETA24
I want to keep him but im still having issues with bugs my other one. He likes to lay in one spot for long periods of time and ever since i got a tree for them he likes to lay up in the tree. I still cant get him to eat. Im not sure if he is hybernating or getting ready to shed. The temp is fine ive got 3 things to monitor the temp.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
Hallie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02CETA24 View Post
Its really cool when he strikes. Yeah he is a babay a really big baby. LOL. He was pretty cool when i got him my main concern is when hes done digesting his food and i get him out to work with him cause he is kinda skitish cause he hasnt been handled as much as my other one has he will strike at my 3 1/2 year old. I could care less if he bites me. I also dont have the money to seperate them or else i would.
If you can't afford to house them separately, you shouldn't have more than one. You can always go to Walmart or Target and pick up a Sterilite bin of appropriate size. It will cost you less than $5. Drill air holes in the sides, put bedding and a few hides in it, and figure out a way to heat it (not sure about using a UTH under plastic, I'm sure it would be fine as long as it is connected to a thermostat and is properly ventilated underneath). I'm sure someone can give more info on the UTH/plastic issue, as I haven't done it, so I don't have any experience with it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google