• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Very agressive

Like Hallie said, it's not always feasible for everyone to keep their homes at 72 degrees so what I did was found a little nook (in my case, our laundry area) that's out of the way and not very breezy and so even if the apartment is at 65, I found doing that with the UTH on one side and no breezes, the cool side stays in the mid 70's.

yeah i do have a uth i have a thing for them to hide in over half the uth. The guy that my husband i talked to said that we needed a heating lamp so we got one its one of those clamp lamps and i have a 75 watt bulb in it

Right now i stay with my father in law while my husband is away in el paso so i have the snakes in my room. They are under the vent but the temps in the house are decent.

Right now i stay with my father in law while my husband is away in el paso so i have the snakes in my room. They are under the vent but the temps in the house are decent.

If any part of your viv is 55 degrees, your house is very cool! My 2 cents: take one of them back if you can. That seems to be the easiest solution.

Thank you so far ive got the heated side steady but im trying to warm up the cooler side up to 70 thats not working hopefully i can get it taken care of soon.

Thank you so far ive got the heated side steady but im trying to warm up the cooler side up to 70 thats not working hopefully i can get it taken care of soon.

Get a bigger under tank heater so that it covers a little more of the tank, this will help with your temperature problems on the cold side.

Sorry to hear you brought back the snow, they generally calm down with handling.

A cheap and easy way to keep baby corns is to use plastic shoe boxes from the dollar store. This is one from Sterilite. I think it costs about 2 dollars. The bowl is from Petco and costs 99 cents.

If you get a big uth you can put the end of TWO of these boxes on it and warm two snakes at once. Don't forget to use a thermostat to control how much heat is coming from the uth.

Attachments

• DSC06809.JPG
    DSC06809.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC06808.JPG
    DSC06808.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 30
I do feel really bad for taking my snow corn snake pinky back hes not a really bad snake hes been aggressive i will definatly keep that in mind and next time i will have better knowledge of a corn snake. But i was wrong about it being 55 degrees on one side i didnt read the bottom of it. It has a percentage sign on the bottom. So is 55 to 60% ok or not? What does it mean?

oh i did move the uth over just a little enough to cover half not all its not even near the water bowl so i will see where it goes from there.

What kind of thermometer are you looking at? Is it possible that you have a combination thermometer/hygrometer and that you're looking at humidity?

I put one of the thermometers on the cooler side to read the temp. Im waiting to see what its going to be but what is the humidity suposed to be at?

Back