• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My corn snake Ruby kills Adult male mouse.

what do you mean you love seeing your snake killing thawed mice , its already dead o_O

and for the one that said that whole list of natural things, i wasnt gonna say that. so a maltese saying "dont bandage yourself before you get hurt" lol

its nothing cruel about an animal killing another. its the food chain and how it works , even on television they video tiger grabing deers by the neck and killing them , and somehow many people watch it, must be intristing then right somehow? :) so is the snake eating its pray.

overating something wont make you look inteligent, so its useless to force it too much about how dangarous it is to feed live prey , ithink everyone knows that as long as they have googled about corn snakes cause every websites says that live prey is dangarous but overating it and forcing it by says its not intresting how animals hunt and kill there pray,thats not good too.

what do you mean you love seeing your snake killing thawed mice , its already dead o_O

and for the one that said that whole list of natural things, i wasnt gonna say that. so a maltese saying "dont bandage yourself before you get hurt" lol

its nothing cruel about an animal killing another. its the food chain and how it works , even on television they video tiger grabing deers by the neck and killing them , and somehow many people watch it, must be intristing then right somehow? :) so is the snake eating its pray.

overating something wont make you look inteligent, so its useless to force it too much about how dangarous it is to feed live prey , ithink everyone knows that as long as they have googled about corn snakes cause every websites says that live prey is dangarous but overating it and forcing it by says its not intresting how animals hunt and kill there pray,thats not good too.

The snake does not know the mouse is dead...and some snakes WILL kill it again! Just because something is the food chain, does NOT mean that your pet needs to kill it's food. Do you let your dog kill deer or does his food come from a can or a bag? How about your cat? And why?

And if your snake will eat frozen humanely killed mice, and you choose to feed live anyway, that IS cruel, no doubt about it!
You are responsible for the health and welfare of your pets. If you feed them live KNOWING that they can be injured, then you are not a good keeper.

The snake does not know the mouse is dead...and some snakes WILL kill it again! Just because something is the food chain, does NOT mean that your pet needs to kill it's food. Do you let your dog kill deer or does his food come from a can or a bag? How about your cat? And why?

You are responsible for the health and welfare of your pets. If you feed them live KNOWING that they can be injured, then you are not a good keeper.

sorry , but where did i ever say:
1: that the SNAKE MUST KILL its food to eat ?
2: that its safe to feed live prey?
if you can't read(maybe im talking chinese?) i said that i agree 100% percent that its not safe. so i can't even figure out why you wasted time writing this reply since it didnt make any sense cause i didnt say nothing about those thing...

all i said was to stop lying and overating this by saying there no interest and entertainmaint in it. as i said many videos are show on tv of animals killing other animals cause its intresting seeing how animals catch and many of you are saying that its not. if you where right there wouldnt be those videos on tv and internet cause no one would watch a crocodile eating a deer, a tiger eating a deer, and many more.

if you can't read(maybe im talking chinese?) i said that i agree 100% percent that its not safe. so i can't even figure out why you wasted time writing this reply since it didnt make any sense cause i didnt say nothing about those thing...

all i said was to stop lying and overating this by saying there no interest and entertainmaint in it. as i said many videos are show on tv of animals killing other animals cause its intresting seeing how animals catch and many of you are saying that its not. if you where right there wouldnt be those videos on tv and internet cause no one would watch a crocodile eating a deer, a tiger eating a deer, and many more.

"Overating" this?? Is that even a sentence?

Apparently YOU feed live, as I see in your other thread.
So, if you know feeding live is dangerous, why do you do it?
Is it because your snake matters less to you than watching a mouse die once a week?
If that is true, you don't deserve the snake....

Oh boy,
Your not going to have a nice day now. LOL
You'll see.

Why feed live when there is a safe alternative? WHY?? It just doesn't make sense. A Tiger or Lion, killing a deer on a TV show, that is shot in Africa and is a wild animal, is no comparison to a CB snake. Period!

The only reason, and I think you have admitted this, is to satisfy some sick and twisted need to watch animals smaller than you, suffer and slowly die.

Doesn't make sense!

Wayne

"Overating" this?? Is that even a sentence?

Apparently YOU feed live, as I see in your other thread.
So, if you know feeding live is dangerous, why do you do it?
Is it because your snake matters less to you than watching a mouse die once a week?
If that is true, you don't deserve the snake....
yes i feed live prey , but for your information my snake eats mouse that didnt even open there eyes yet , and even if its dangarous that the way i like to do it not because i dont care about my snake.
there's always dangour in life, but if you dont risk, it would be a boring life ;)
Oh boy,
Your not going to have a nice day now. LOL
You'll see.
actually im gonne have a nice night since im going to sleep xD

so i leave you guys to continue bombing the original poster of this thread since this is not my thread and its turning on to me.

but i know you all understood what i wanted to say and that you understood my point, even tough if i continued this talk no one would admit and would continue talking useless replies about things i didnt actually say lol :) i hope people will stop claiming that its not intresting the way predetors kill preys and only say that is dangarous ;)

good night ya'all , peace. xD

yes i feed live prey , but for your information my snake eats mouse that didnt even open there eyes yet , and even if its dangarous that the way i like to do it not because i dont care about my snake.
there's always dangour in life, but if you dont risk, it would be a boring life ;)

so i leave you guys to continue bombing the original poster of this thread since this is not my thread and its turning on to me.

but i know you all understood what i wanted to say and that you understood my point, even tough if i continued this talk no one would admit and would continue talking useless replies about things i didnt actually say lol :) i hope people will stop claiming that its not intresting the way predetors kill preys and only say that is dangarous ;)

Sorry, but NO! I will never never never understand your point. It's senseless!

Wayne

Oh this first guy was a troll.

So you feed live because you want to. But know this, snakes can't get bored. Snakes and mice can feel pain. Mice eaten by snakes DEFINATELY feel pain. Snakes chewed on by mice feel pain. And snakes get excited about eating whether their prey is alive or dead.

So basically, you are into letting animals feel pain and suffer...just because....

Darksmoke, you'll eventually have to bump your snake up to something that has teeth, which will then pose a serious threat to it if left unattended, or if the mouse/rat is particularly determined.

I think people have made some really great points about feeding live, which you have ignored. I'm disappointed that you've made your decision, and I can only hope that you'll change your mind and keep your snake safe.

Observing an animal kill another animal in the wild on a television show is a much different ballgame then watching an animal kill another in captivity.

Observing a television show where this occurs has two positive effects. First, it allows us to understand how those animals survive in the wild, so that we can use this knowledge to better understand our planet and how to protect/reintroduce those animals if those extremes become a sad necessity. Secondly, it sparks public interest, which is necessary for public involvement. In order to protect those animals, individuals have to care. It is easier to care about something you have seen than it is to have just heard about it.

There are no positive effects in captivity, especially in terms of concern for the well-being of the predator. You never see a tiger live-fed a deer in the zoo for this reason (deer in the wild could break a tiger's jaw). Also, most people at the zoo dont want to see one beautiful animal killed by another.

Is it interesting to see a snake eats something in the wild on tv? Yes, for the reasons mentioned above. No one denies that the way a snake kills can be fascinating. Is it necessary, smart, or interesting when you are actually in charge of taking care of a captive animal? No. The risks are too high. Why cause unnecessary pain to the prey animal or predator when you dont have to?

Just my two cents

You are right, in that an animal killing another animal isn't cruel.. IN THE WILD! Dangling a mouse over an enclosure where it has no chance of escaping the snake, while "lol-ing" at the whole ordeal Hardly constitutes as "natural". It's not the food chain. Thats not the way it transpires. In the wild both animals have a fighting chance, whether its the snakes chance at a meal, or the mouses chance of nimbly escaping the snakes wrath. We all know what, and how these animals eat, you're not cool for putting up a video up displaying irresponsibility. Yes, it is fascinating for many of us to watch a snake eat its prey, but I think both animals should be respected. I think feeding live should be something done out of necessity. It's quite simple really...

1. If you care about your pet, you shouldn't want it to get harmed.

2. If you care about living things, you shouldn't want to gloat about a snake killing a rodent trapped in a tank. Its not something a person should laugh about, unless you are a sadist.

Hopefully , you and whoever started the thread can atone for your insolence. My advice, learn from all of the great people on this forum about proper ways to care for your snake..

@ DarkSmoke - The big problem here is that Snake Lovers and Snake Keepers per sey are seen as "evil or devil worshipers" by many cultures throughout the world. For us it is just a huge battle to achieve credibiliy as hobbyists, never mind the constant fight to maintain that credibility.

Now, with footage like this shown on the airwaves for all and sundry to see I am sure you can appreciate how much harder our battle becomes.

I am not even going to go into all the other negatives as mentioned by the members. I am hoping that you can also see this post now in a broader light, from a slightly different angle.

Our hobby is indeed complex, but is that not what makes it so great.

Ciao

I'm still trying to figure out if the OP is Beavis or Butthead. Can someone help me with that one?

Observing an animal kill another animal in the wild on a television show is a much different ballgame then watching an animal kill another in captivity.

Observing a television show where this occurs has two positive effects. First, it allows us to understand how those animals survive in the wild, so that we can use this knowledge to better understand our planet and how to protect/reintroduce those animals if those extremes become a sad necessity. Secondly, it sparks public interest, which is necessary for public involvement. In order to protect those animals, individuals have to care. It is easier to care about something you have seen than it is to have just heard about it.

There are no positive effects in captivity, especially in terms of concern for the well-being of the predator. You never see a tiger live-fed a deer in the zoo for this reason (deer in the wild could break a tiger's jaw). Also, most people at the zoo dont want to see one beautiful animal killed by another.

Is it interesting to see a snake eats something in the wild on tv? Yes, for the reasons mentioned above. No one denies that the way a snake kills can be fascinating. Is it necessary, smart, or interesting when you are actually in charge of taking care of a captive animal? No. The risks are too high. Why cause unnecessary pain to the prey animal or predator when you dont have to?

Just my two cents
yes dude the problem is the people DID deny thats its something intresting and fascinating, and thats where i jumped in, that was my only point to prove them that it is FASCINATING, they are 100% right on every other thing they said as i alread said, that its dangarous, thats not funny , and etc etc.

but saying thats not intresting and entertaining, thats a lie as you said yourself that it is fascinating and intresting. :) so you got my point than.
i never said it was safe , neither that Loling around a snake eating mouse was something normal, i dont see anything funny about it. but saying its not intresting they did exegarate then.

but seems like people here jumped on me too , they need to relax.
my only intention and point was to say that they where wrong saying that was something that doesnt make sence when a snake hunts down.
but from that they jumped to another million things i didnt even say ,
and even tried to teach me that its dangarous, when i have just told them that they where right about. so they knew i knew and yet they said it again to me. they ran off topic about me.

but anyway , im happy that finaly there are some saying that it is fascinating and intresting, i tought everyone on this forum was thinkg the contrary o_O
i hope everyone got my point now, my job is done , peaze xD

Back