CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

I need advice

Old 10-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #11
Em.Mo.Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikealight View Post
Another (former?) sufferer here. I would say that the majority have significant psychological issues at some point, but far too few feel able to bring it out fully into the open. I feel for you, I really do - particularly in respect of your fear of a future relapse. Hope you can take some comfort from the warm responses you are getting just in this thread from a number of anonymous strangers. Personally, I have found that although the world can often feel like a cold snd crazy place, there are in fact gazillions of people out there who do care and that they can come out of the woodwork for you when you least expect it.

I know all too well that everyone is affected by these things in very different and often complex ways. However, you clearly care very much for your snakes and so I assume that they give you some comfort and perhaps even some welcome distraction. As such, it seems it would be a shame to lose such a valuable benefit. If having animals in your life really helps you, then I would venture to suggest that snakes are one of if not THE best option for you. Personally, if you end up skipping a feed or two, I can't think there will be much harm done. I think sometimes we forget what these animals have to endure - and indeed are evolved to endure - in the wild. There is a line to be drawn of course, but personally I think the description of your cards shortcomings fall significantly short of that line. Perhaps somehow forcing yourself to devote 10 minutes a week to dedicate to caring for your snakes might prove to be an important lifeline to pull yourself out of a dark hole in the future - again, I am unfortunately speaking from personal experience.

Whatever you decide to do, I really do wish you the very best for the future.

Peach! Spot on! Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #12
Asher9
Thank you everyone for all of the love and support. I have decided on keeping my snakes! I am going to try my best. You have no idea how much all of your comments mean to me.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:46 PM   #13
Strikealight
That is just utterly fantastic news! I really hope that you soon get to a place where you permanently believe that this was absolutely the right thing for you, and that in the meantime those little snakey faces will help to pull you through the other side of any further rough patches. This is surely forum community at its very best - like minded people connected by common interests extending out to each other on a personal level to help someone through the crappier bits of life that beset us all at some points to one extent or another. Rest assured, you will have many opportunities to "pay it forward" by helping someone else in a similar position with the benefit of your own experiences. 'Tis all I am trying to do, after all. Take care of yourself, and the very best to you.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #14
DollysMom
I’m so glad. If you are ever feeling a little overwhelmed, come back and read this thread. Best wishes.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #15
Em.Mo.Clark
Yay! So glad for you, and I wish you the best of luck all around! If you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out! As you can see, there are people here for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google