CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > FAQ Development Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

FAQ Development Forum This area is reserved for the development and discussion of various FAQ documents for posting on this site. PLEASE! Only the moderator should post original threads here.

Husbandry and Basic Care FAQ

Old 09-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #31
Jessicat
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent_me View Post
im new here and im looking into some astro turf any suggestions on where and what to by brandwise any suggestions are greatly apreciated
Unfortunately the original Grand Bubble Burster no longer frequents the forums.. at least I don't think so.

Have you tried doing a search for astro turf? I feel like it might be too harsh to use for corns. There are artificial carpet substrates for sale though. They seem much softer than astro turf. The only way I would use something like that is if I had access to a large amount for dirt cheap. Even then... I don't know how I'd feel about using it. It seems as though it would be hard to clean it, impossible to spot check. Also, corns enjoy burrowing. I don't like taking that away from them. I havn't had any real experience with astro turf though, so all my words are just speculations. I kind of feel like.. if you're going to take away a corn's burrowing ability and you're just going to use a layer or two of flat substrate, why not use paper towels. If you're thinking about using astro turf in a display tank, think about how it will look when there is poop in between the little spikes that are suppose to look like grass, and how annoying it will be to clean those.

My general consensus is look past the astro turf and straight onto aspen. It's the best substrate, especially if you have a small collection or only one corn.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google