CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

She is NOT a Glorified Worm!

Old 12-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
ArvadaLanee
She is NOT a Glorified Worm!

Since I bought the snake as a Christmas gift for my kids, I didn't want to name her. I have just been calling her the snake. I should have known my boyfriend was gonna come up with something just to irritate me. He has taken to calling her, "Glorified Worm." It might not sound that bad, but the thing is, I am absolutely terrified of earth worms. I am so scared of them, I honestly think if one touched me, I would die right then and there from a massive heart attack. My boyfriend can't believe that I could be so terrified of a worm, but think that a snake is all cute and adorable. He says that's all snakes are, just glorified worms, and thus, the horrible nickname was born. She is nothing like a worm! Worms are slimy, and stretchy, and they don't have faces, and they are so gross, and very scary! Well, to me, any way. I don't want her to be called a glorified worm. Yuck. I have started calling her Lev, short for Leviathan. The boys can rename her.
I wonder what my boyfriend would think if he knew I once kept a brahmini blind snake, otherwise known as the worm snake. They are tiny, and purplish in color, and really do look a lot like a worm. I had forgotten about it until the great debate over snakes vs. worms began a few days ago. She fell into our pool when I was living in Texas. I saved her, and ended up keeping her in a planted outdoor terrarium for a while. They're very neat little snakes. And even though they look like worms, they are not like worms in any other way.
In closing, snakes are awesome, worms are gross and scary, and LEV is NOT a glorified worm. As always, thanks for letting me share. I am aware that I am ridiculous.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
Nanci
I love that name. I have known snakes named both Worm and Leviathan.

So- I guess you don't like those giant worms either?? What about millipedes??

Old 12-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
ArvadaLanee
I am okay with millipedes. I mean, I don't love them or anything, but I am relatively certain I wouldn't die if one touched me. As for giant worms, I don't know. Are they earthworms? I am okay with wax worms, meal worms, caterpillars, anything accept earthworms. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get over it. They're too freaky. If I saw a giant earthworm, I would run away screaming. Lol

Old 12-19-2014, 03:28 AM   #4
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvadaLanee View Post
I am okay with millipedes. I mean, I don't love them or anything, but I am relatively certain I wouldn't die if one touched me. As for giant worms, I don't know. Are they earthworms? I am okay with wax worms, meal worms, caterpillars, anything accept earthworms. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get over it. They're too freaky. If I saw a giant earthworm, I would run away screaming. Lol
You are too funny! I couldn't handle millipedes, all those legs moving, anything with more than 4 legs is just not right.

You could call her G-Dub! Any name with a "W" works by substituting "Dub" for it.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
ArvadaLanee
That's funny. My boyfriend just started calling her G Dubya. I still don't really like it, just because I don't agree with his theory that she doesn't do anything, but it's better than anything with the name worm in it. I know I am a nut. You should see me when it rains and there are worms all over the ground. I try to avoid children because I fear they will be playing with the worms, and I have to watch my step very carefully. At least a millipede dies if you crush it, and with all those legs, they run away pretty quickly. If a worm is by you, it's gonna be there a while, and you are the one who has to run. I normally wouldn't run if a bus was about to hit me, but if I see someone around me pick up a worm, I get this crazy notion they are going to throw it at me, and I am suddenly as fast as a gazelle.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #6
smigon
Oh, your boyfriend is into cruel and unusual punishment! G-Dubya??? Unless you are a Republican, then it would make sense, but the snake may be a Democrat!

Old 12-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #7
hypnoctopus
Aww, I think worms are cute. I used to catch them after rain when I was a kid. I love caterpillars too.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #8
ArvadaLanee
No, no. We aren't republican. My boyfriend just likes to nickname our animals things that irritate me. I uses to have an opaline gourami fish, that I named Chum, and would call it "Poopsie!" He thinks it's hilarious that I get all mad. (It's just our way of playing around, not a serious thing.) We have very different tastes when it comes to pet names. I like meaningful, or unusual names, and he likes generic or silly names. All of his fish are named Fishy McFisherson, or something very similar. At least he gave his kitten a cool name, Southern Comfort, and we call him SoCo. I think the kids will come up with something cute. They named their kitten Stormy Moon Llewellyn. I am sure they will love the snake (and me) too much to stick with Glorified Worm.

I am really not kidding about my fear of worms. I honestly get very scared when they're around. I will cry if someone tries to make me touch one, and I am a grown woman! It's just something I can't help. I love caterpillars though. My kids bring them to me all summer and I look them up online to identify them and see what they eat, and what butterfly they will become. A few times we have held onto them until the changed and then held the butterflies and set them free. It was really fun.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #9
Obby_snake
I think worms are weird, they can still live if you chop them in half ( sorry for the image lol) snakes aren't worms, just lively noodles lol

Old 12-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
ArvadaLanee
Yes! See? That's what I say too. Worms ARE weird. Now that you mention it, I can see my kids naming her Noodle. Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google