CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Average length of Abbott cornys?

Old 01-23-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
snakeeeguyy
Average length of Abbott cornys?

hey all, sorry for so many posts haha... but i was wondering,
whats the average length of a abbott morph corny? ive heard certain morphs grow larger then others, and mine is 5 months old, and already over 15-16inches from head to tail,

Old 01-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
susang
I don't think there is a difference in size with the different morphs, but a Creamsicle or Rootbeer may be bigger, but then they are hybrids.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
snakeeeguyy
oooh ok, wasnt sure, because mine seems pretty lengthy for only being 5months old, i might be stuck with a potential 6 fter :] -hopes for a 6fter-

Old 01-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
susang
After my last post I measured three of my snakes the close to the age of yours and they measured 1-16 inches. I weighed them yesterday 45g male, 42g female and 46g female. I think yours is pretty average. If you are going by shed measurement that would be wrong.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #5
snakeeeguyy
ooh ok, lol, nah im going by his current length roughly, give or take 15-17inches, 5months old, how big do you think he'l get? i heard some cornys only get 2feet long, but that cant be right at all

Old 01-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #6
danvega
First off, 'Abbotts' are a trade name, rather than a morph, which has come to become synonymous with thick-black-bordered bright orange Okeetees. True Abbotts would be descended or directly bred by Lee Abbott (who is a member here). A lot of folks, including me, desire this look for okeetees.

Back on topic, Okeetees, in general, do have a tendency to be larger/longer and more thick-bodied as compared to other morphs.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
snakeeeguyy
yes! dan im sorry i forgot to mention its an okeetee then branched off abbott, thats what the store owner said, and thats what mine looks like from all the pics i saw online, hes an awesome looking snake, and thanks for the info, i knew mine seemed a bit big for his age :]!!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #8
susang
An Okeeteee is a Normal selctively bred, but still a Normal, while they can be bigger there is no guarantee

Old 01-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #9
snakeeeguyy
ooooh i see susang, at what length should i upgrade to fuzzies by the way?, i still have 4 frozen pinkies in my frozen package, and hes growing soooo fast ive never seen a reptile grow so fast in my life

Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #10
susang
You can judge prey size a few ways, the wieght of your snake, 1.5 times te largest part of abdomen andh how quickly the food is digested (when the lump goes away). How often does your snake shed?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google