• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

A Big Black Rat - DUW

SkyChimp

I went snake-huntin' and flippin' today for the first time in months. I found this monster under a pice of tin:

black1.jpg

black2.jpg

black3.jpg

black4.jpg

black5.jpg

black6.jpg

black7.jpg

Awesome. That first open-mouthed shot kicks butt. And he even gave you a little memento of your encounter! :cheers:

That was a tiny little nip when I first got within range of his mouth. He bit and immediately let go. After that, he was downright docile. I got a few more shots with our faces side-by-side but they turned out blurry. My biggest fear was that he was going to crap on me. As he crawled through my hands, his belly and bowl gurgled :sidestep: .

That Dude, is kick butt.. Excellent find, on a warm and sunny fall day..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Excellent! I've only captured one, once. He was so docile he let me take him for a couple mile mountain bike ride to try to catch up with my friends that ditched me while I was snake hunting.

Nanci

What a great find. Those pictures are awesome skychimp. I would love to find something like that. That guy a awesome with his mouth wide open like that. Looks like he didn't have a problem introducing himself to your hand either. Great momento of your encounter. Way to take one for the team. ;)
Jay :cool:

Awesome! That is one angry snake! :devil01:

As I was scrolling through the pics, I kept wondering when I'd see bite marks. :grin01:

Nice find. :)

Actually, he was a pussy-cat. The only time he tried to bite me was when I first pulled him out from under the tin. I had to be very careful as to not injure him and I let my hand get too close as he was coming out. After that bite, he calmed right down. The "angry" face was only for the camera. When he was close to the camera, he'd open his mouth. When I took it away, he closed it. Maybe he saw his reflection or thought it was a predator's eye. Once I had him and was able to support his big body, he was completely docile. I had no reservations about letting him crawl around my neck.

I found that with Black Rats, with very few exceptions, they are very docile once they've been handled for a few minutes. I was really hoping to find a baby to take home with me. This guy was just too big.

I would really love to find a big ratsnake like that once. I have caught many snakes but none as beautifull as this big one. Awesome!

Wo Wo Wo... After that big hissy fit he had, and his HUGE mouth...(nice shots by the way)... All you got was a tiny little scratch... WOW!!! :eek1:

Not that I wanted more... :devil01: ... *clears throat*

OK besides all that nice shots. :D

i must b a pussy

err i must be a pussy then!
if i saw him i would have ran a mile.
i love snakes but to be honest we dont see them in the wild here unless away up in the hills where the adders are. :rolleyes:
guess i am just a pussy !

Back